Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springing for Springs in Springtime

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Walkenon

Default Springing for Springs in Springtime

I'd grown tired of looking at the wheel well gap on my '07 GT. I love the looks of this gen of Mustangs but with the standard spring set-up, even with 18" alloys, the stock car has always looked like it was on stilts.

After researching the forum, I went with the Steeda sport springs. My original order was for the Ultra-Lite springs but Steeda contacted me the same day of my order to let me know the Ultra-Lites were out of stock and recommended I go with their Sport springs. They also gave me the Ultra-Lite price for the Sports.

Their standard Fedex ground shipping brought the Sports to me in just several business days. I'm even happier than I thought I'd be with them. Not only does my GT look like a Mustang, instead of an off-road vehicle, it handles noticeably better. Much less forward nose pitching and better back end control, with less body roll in turns. Maybe it's just me, but the car seems to have an even more compliant ride, at least more controlled, over bumps. It's not harsh at all, just the contrary. To me, the springs should be a standard on a GT. My thanks to Steeda for a great product and great service.

Next, I'd like get a set of tires which have more grip on wet roads when accelerating. My GT's power is just wasted in spinning when the rain is falling. I'll make the change when the stock tires are worn out.

Dave
Old 04-26-2008, 02:08 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Springing for Springs in Springtime

I just got my Steeda Sport Springs as well for the price of the Ultralites.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Walkenon

Looks like some suspension work ahead for you. I'm debating about doingcold air induction for the next upgrade. The price keeps me thinking.

I'm surprised how much of a difference just the springs made. Also surprising to me was how just the 1" to 1.25" drop made a noticeable difference for getting into the car.My first impression wasthat I was stepping into a go-cart. It's even noticeable setting in the driver's seat. Just a little of the "low-rider" feeling or let's just say, formula car effect. It just doesn't look that way on the exterior. It's just the right visual height for my taste.

Enjoythe ridewith your new set-up.

Dave
Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

If yo do get a CAI, than you'll want to get a tune. I highly recommend going with a VMP 93 octane tune + a C&L intake with a 88mm maf tube. I'm running this set-up and I'm more than pleased !!