Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate TacoBill and BMR Products

Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: Why I hate TacoBill and BMR Products

ORIGINAL: pascal

I'm thinking ofwelding my hood shut, since my car is so reliable, no need to open it really.
ShouldI wait until TacoBill has a write up on that?
Maybe you should wait for a write up as aluminum is hard to weld to steel.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

this thread is hilarious...

I dont like Taco Bill's threads either... all they do is get me to spend more money.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I just love this forum!!!!!! [sm=Awwww.gif]
Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

Tacobill is da Sh**... the name even kicks a$$
Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Taco is a genius! Always use his write ups for a REFERENCE and reference only! Much better than any company write up and far more detailed with pics! He will never be to blame IMO.... J
Old 05-02-2008, 07:44 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangBatman1

First off, let me say, the taco is no longer my hero. And BMR won't see any money from me. That being said, here's the story.

Me and Mike (Tombstang) decide that today would be a great day to do his BMR LCA install with their relocation brackets all with the help of TacoBill's writeup. The install starts off great, all of the stock parts came off nicely after following Taco's writeup, thats when things took a turn for the worst.

First off, the BMR relocation brackets must be made of pure tungsten (strongest heavy metal for those who didn't know) because they were damn near impossible to bang into place with the rubber mallet. One hour and one gatorade later, while baking in the marvelous florida heat we were able to muscle them into place and torque them down. The next step was getting the LCA's on. Mike must have found the cheapest grease gun available on the market because loading the LCA's with grease was one of the most fustrating parts of the install since the grease wouldn't go into the nipple. This leads to why I hate TacoBill.

Thinking things would go smoothly from here on out, we tried to get the LCA's into their brackets, of course it was not able to just slide in, which I expected since I installed my own LCA's and relo bracket a few days prior. First we tried using the mallet to push them into place, they would go up about 3cm and then stop because the metal loop inside the LCA would get stuck on the corner of the bracket. We took out the LCA and tried banging the loop flush since we thought that it was just sticking out on one side. So after that we tried to install it again and we had the same result. Thinking it might just be us, we tried the other side and had the same result.

Fustrated and tired, we referred back to Taco's writeup and saw he suggested using a spare jack to get it into place. So we raise the car further to be able to slide the jack below the LCA. Jacking up the LCA, it went back up the same 3cm and then after jacking it further, the entire axle would lift up and the LCA would get stuck in the same place all over again. We tried a combination of jacking and using the mallet on both sides of the car and hours later we made no progress. We then tried to widen the brackets with the mallet and they wouldn't bent even the slightest bit. Then Mike has the bright idea of getting a grinder and going to town on the LCA relo brackets. So we jump in the Batmobile and take a trip to home depot to rent a grinder to murder the relo brackets. After dealing with the Guinnes Book world record holder for "slowest working cashier" for 20 minutes at the home depot tool rental, we finally rent the wheel grinder. We jet back to the Bat Cave and after harrasing my neighbors to borrow an extension cord which I lack we finally get to killing the relo brackets.

About 15 minutes later and after about 2 near death experiences where Mike nearly lights my shorts on fire with sparks from the grinder we make some headway. We grind down some of the bottom portion of the LCA bracket in order to get the LCA to fit in it. Next we try to fit in the LCA's and they go in a bit with the mallet and we still had to use the jack to get them into place but they finally slip in the holes. After fighting the rear axle to get the front bolts in place for another half hour, we're finally finished with the LCA install.

So what was supposed to take only 2 hours, ended up taking us upwards of 5. I did my own LCA and relocation bracket on my car a few days ago with the CHE LCA's and the J&M relo bracket and it went very smoothly and I was done in no time. Ladies and gentlemen, it's my deepest regret that I have to inform you all that TacoBill has let us down. He in no way prepared us for the extreme measures we had to take in order to get these parts to fit properly. If Taco had a fanclub, I would have been the president, it's because of his write up's that I was able to install 90% of the parts on my car myself. But this time, he left us out to dry, to swim with the sharks, up a creek without a paddle, to skydive without a parachute, in short, he fed us to the wolves. Who would imagine that two parts from BMR that were mean't for each other would be so difficult to get together. This is why me and Tomgstang are choosing to boycott TacoBill write ups as well as BMR products.

Who's with me?!?!?!
I used a pry bar to open the relo-bracket up a little. The LCA went right into place. You can buy a set of pry bars at Sears for a very reasonable price. I even use them at work now.