Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my 500/KR conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 AM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Default Just ordered my 500/KR conversion

Just went on good ol' eBay and ordered my GT500 front end conversion, and a Trufiber KR hood. Should be here in a couple weeks. I am really looking forward to this project. I just put 20" Razor's on the car, and will have to take a picture or two in the morning. I can't wait to see what this thing is gonna look like. From what I hear, the 500 front end is a pretty straight forward install. When I do it, I will make sure I take pictures and document the steps to share with everyone.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Just ordered my 500/KR conversion

[sm=smiley20.gif]congrats...your car is going to look sweet with that new front end installed!!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Welcome to the club.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Why on earth did you purchase the front end on ebay? I've never seen a listing for the parts for the change out less than $2200, and thats without shipping (edit: my bad, I just found one at $1500 on ebay. I hope you got as good a price). I can get it locally for around $1600 and with a buddy's discount at $1250 in my area. I hope you just mean the trufiber hood, but if you did the whole thing I hope you got a better price than I've been able to find there. Did you shop around locally?

Good luck with the mod. I'll be doing the same in the not too distant future. I'm $200 short atm for the front end parts not counting the hood. I'm thinking I'll prolly have to get a hood for it, and complete the mod later this year or next spring.

Make sure to post pics.

Bryan
Old 04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

I got a good deal. i have been watching these boards for some time, reading Mellowyellow's posts, and have been looking for the deals. I got all this as a package for about 2g's. Not bad if u consider how much it would cost for seperate shipping.

Anywho, I recieved an un-expected package today, from Trufiber. The hood showed up, and I must say, it is impressive. Here are som pics of the car now, my new toy.

I will keep this post up to date as this rolls on.

BTW. (Insert shamless plug) I will be selling the CDC Grill, CDC front lip, and Shelby Billett hood pins, if anyone is interested. And, I guess the hood and bumper?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

snakes and shelby letters eh?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

nice lookin car!

I like the hood in the background!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AZAlloy

I got a good deal. i have been watching these boards for some time, reading Mellowyellow's posts, and have been looking for the deals. I got all this as a package for about 2g's. Not bad if u consider how much it would cost for seperate shipping.

Anywho, I recieved an un-expected package today, from Trufiber. The hood showed up, and I must say, it is impressive. Here are som pics of the car now, my new toy.

I will keep this post up to date as this rolls on.

BTW. (Insert shamless plug) I will be selling the CDC Grill, CDC front lip, and Shelby Billett hood pins, if anyone is interested. And, I guess the hood and bumper?

$2000? Does that include the hood? If so, please lemme know who the seller is on ebay, cause thats a darn good price.

What do you think of the quality of the Trufiber hood? Ive read posts on other boards that said there was "alot" of prep work needed on more than a few. I definately like that hood, but am more and more leaning towards actually getting the Shelby Super Snake one directly from shelby.

Please do keep us updated on your progress. Very nice looking car. The mods should look very impressive when completed.

Bryan
Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Is that a real shelby GT or just a GT with shelby logo and letters on it?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

snakes and shelby letters eh?
When the whipple gets installed, it will more than live up to the name.

Yes, 2000 for kit and hood. Shipping was about 200 more. Are pics 3 and 4 showing as red x's?

No, it is not a real Shelby GT, as Shelby of LV did not build it. Most parts of from them, with the obvious changes. I did not want white or black, and Vista wasn't out in 07.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 500/KR conversion