Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anti theft huh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Default RE: anti theft huh?

ANY vehicle can be stolen and made to drive.......for example, my friends BMW m3 was stolen from his open garage......no keys, doors locked, and viper alarm system.......there are professionals out there........what sucked about the situation, was we took one of my cars for a beer run(15 minutes max) and i heard him turn on the alarm....when we got back, all that was left was glass and the entire assembly that you put your key in...all on the garage floor...........
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
nghtrnnr
1st Gear Member

lojack and that other onstar thing are jokes...lojack depends on cops putting aside everything else they are doing and just riding aorund looking for your car and as for onstar...ha...dont believe those commercials...pal of mine had his car stolen and he had the whole onstar package...so he reports the car stolen and the cops immediately call onstar...cop was like,"this should be easy...dont they have a satellite feed that will find it?" so he calls onstar and they tell him it has to be activated for them to track it and even then its difficult...so the thief has to not only activate it for you...he has to leave it out in the open somewhere...unbelievable...oh and i found a gt500 last week in queens on some darkened street...me and the girl had gone there to do a lil car boinkin and there was this gt500 sittin there all beat up and pillaged....hell i was gonna see if there were any goodies left in the engine but the girl made me call the cops to come get it
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

yeah, I wasted my money on Lojack and the Autolock. After they replaced my engine, after sitting at the dealers for a month, I wish I'd never wasted that money and that it would get stolen!

But once I started modding it I got attached to it.

Best to just invest in a good car cover and maybe those side bumpers that can go on underneath it.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 PM
michaellefebvre

the salesman who sold me my GT sent me a fob for my car a month after i drove it off the lot
he failed to give me all the fobs.
if some punk working at the dealer gets a holdof a fob or key,
that wasnt handed over at the time you pick up your car,
he might get a bad idea.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

yeah, I wasted my money on Lojack and the Autolock. After they replaced my engine, after sitting at the dealers for a month, I wish I'd never wasted that money and that it would get stolen!

Best to just invest in a good car cover and maybe those side bumpers that can go on underneath it.

I've had so many vehicles in so many random places stolen in my life that the only thing I invest in nowadays is good insurance! There's a reason I pay a grip a month for full extended coverage...it's so that I can recoup most of the cost of replacing whatever some jackass decides that I don't need anymore! I'm through getting angry about it, unless that thief also steals my Dog, I just move on to the next dream ride of mine!

Call me an optomist, but after getting jacked so many times (3 cars, 2 trucks, 2 motorcycles) in my short life (I'm turning 29 this year) I'm just happy that they haven't jacked me as well!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:34 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

snick,,,,,,,,where do you live? j/k sorry about the horrible luck with dumb asse s[:@]
Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 AM
nghtrnnr
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: snicksrolos

after getting jacked so many times (3 cars, 2 trucks, 2 motorcycles)
jeezus...that sounds personal....i think after the first2 i would be chaining my car's chassisto a telephone pole at night with a pitbull locked inside...i'm curious too, where do you live? sounds like newark nj
Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

I leave the keys in my car in the garage...lol
I agree that insurance is the best security.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

lol.. paranoid much?!..

even though i was thinking today how ****ty that would be if it got stolen...

but for you guys that say it cant be turned on wiht out a key... WRONG... atleast for manual tranny cars.. if they can get in, and then they can get the key cylinder to turn (there for unlocking the steering wheel), they can easily push the car, jump in and dump the clutch in first or second, and off you go ....

dont get any ideas... [>:] ... ill blow your brains out wiht a barretta 44!

Very untrue. The PCM wont fire the injectors so push starting it is out of the question.
Unless you have the correct transponder encoded key, that stang aint starting short
of a trip to the dealership having them do it for you. Or a not so honest Ford mechanic
after hours can re enable a PATS system locked stang. [:'(]
So there is a clinch in the armour, but its not push starting it.

Paranoid? Try removing the wheels every night to help prevent theft of
the wheels as well as your stang.

I personally like the the security of CCTV.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/91DF37E3A5074E8B9FD5A4A08B133CC4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

ORIGINAL: snicksrolos

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I've had so many vehicles in so many random places stolen in my life that the only thing I invest in nowadays is good insurance! There's a reason I pay a grip a month for full extended coverage...it's so that I can recoup most of the cost of replacing whatever some jackass decides that I don't need anymore! I'm through getting angry about it, unless that thief also steals my Dog, I just move on to the next dream ride of mine!

Call me an optomist, but after getting jacked so many times (3 cars, 2 trucks, 2 motorcycles) in my short life (I'm turning 29 this year) I'm just happy that they haven't jacked me as well!!!

wat kinda cars trucks and bikes did u get jacked for???

Quick Reply: anti theft huh?