Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need to Quiet Down My Exhaust Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I Need to Quiet Down My Exhaust Need Opinions

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Dude thanks for the video that was definetley my highlight today. Leave the fuc*er alone. She's a ****ing beast and I dig your wife who enjoys it too. wish I could get my wife to do that. She's jealous of my car.
LOL Thanks. Everytime I watch the video I think about keeping it the way it is, until I go on a trip or long drive.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

man i love it, i need to get my loudmouths back
Old 05-10-2008, 12:36 AM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

ear muffs.
+1
Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I love it man wouldnt change a dam thing. and on long drives it aint loud at all when rpm are low I have similar set up minus the cats[:-]. It is wicked loud at 3 grand and WOT.

Just get some gears and shift low in around town and it can be pretty tame but pretty insane when you want it to be. Mine scares the **** out of people I just cruise and shift real early with my gears but when i chomp on it everybody with in 5 miles whips there heads around.

Music to my ears , you have acopy of the vid minus the music,lol
Old 05-10-2008, 05:01 AM
dynamicmustangt

the resonators should help
Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

I love it man wouldnt change a dam thing. and on long drives it aint loud at all when rpm are low I have similar set up minus the cats[:-]. It is wicked loud at 3 grand and WOT.

Just get some gears and shift low in around town and it can be pretty tame but pretty insane when you want it to be. Mine scares the **** out of people I just cruise and shift real early with my gears but when i chomp on it everybody with in 5 miles whips there heads around.

It is not necessarily loud on the highway, but when the I'm at 1500-2000 rpms it has a lot of drone ,which is exactly where the engine stays when cruising at 60-80 mph (in 5th gear). After about an hour on the highway my ears were ringing the other day.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:50 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

my buddy has the same set up as you do! it is loud, but so sweet too.........he ended up getting pulled over because the neighbors complained so much in his neighborhood that the cop "had" to watch him.....he ended up putting two aero exhaust "mufflers" before the slps(meaning used them as a mid muffler) it has a whole new sound and it's good!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1morepart

my buddy has the same set up as you do! it is loud, but so sweet too.........he ended up getting pulled over because the neighbors complained so much in his neighborhood that the cop "had" to watch him.....he ended up putting two aero exhaust "mufflers" before the slps(meaning used them as a mid muffler) it has a whole new sound and it's good!
Try to get some audio from him if you can, if he has the same setup as I do but with mid mufflers I would really like to hear it.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:24 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmose77

ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

It is not necessarily loud on the highway, but when the I'm at 1500-2000 rpms it has a lot of drone ,which is exactly where the engine stays when cruising at 60-80 mph (in 5th gear). After about an hour on the highway my ears were ringing the other day.
man are you serious about the drone,lol good lord... good thing you didnt go with the macs I had them before the slp and that is drone with the slp its a breathe of fresh air. I dotn even notice mine at all. but yet again I had mags before and those I didnt mind either but once I switched them out I was blown away by how the drone is basically gone.

Mine might be diff though cause I dont have cats. go for a ride with somebody who has the macs with o/r h and then you will say to yourself man my car is so chill on the highway,lol