Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brenspeeds 87 tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:24 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default brenspeeds 87 tune

i just installed the c & l and brents 87 tune. the car pulls very nice down lown, but gets flat above 3000. Brents 87 tune pulls MUCH better down low, but the stock tune pulled better up high.

In about a week i will step up to the 91 tune when i fill the car up with the correct fuel. Ive heard that the 91 and 93 tunes are a bit weaker down low then the 87, but pull VERY HARD up high. which is what i am looking for.

anyone have similar experiences and thoughts?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: brenspeeds 87 tune

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

i just installed the c & l and brents 87 tune. the car pulls very nice down lown, but gets flat above 3000. Brents 87 tune pulls MUCH better down low, but the stock tune pulled better up high.

In about a week i will step up to the 91 tune when i fill the car up with the correct fuel. Ive heard that the 91 and 93 tunes are a bit weaker down low then the 87, but pull VERY HARD up high. which is what i am looking for.

anyone have similar experiences and thoughts?
You'll find most tunes and tuners have different sweet spots for a particular tune.

Bama for example has what he calls his Torque Tune, Performance Tune, and Race tune.
Torque tune is good down low but loses out some power up top.
Performance tune does better up top (highways) but loses some at the bottom (city)
His Race tunes I believe are designed for the track where you're in High RPM most of the time.

You can never have it both ways.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Sorry I can't agree with you here. If I didn'thave my brenspeed tune I wouldn't even drive it.
If I lost my super buddy mods pullys, gears, C/L CAI with Brent's tune I wouldn't have half of my car present. I thought the GT was fast until I added these other things. Can't even imagine driving the car with that weak *** Ford tune.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:36 PM
dr350rider
1st Gear Member

I have Brenspeeds tunes but my intake is different. I have the AEM. I feel that the performance is improved through out the rpms. It is just real nice. I'm running the 87 octane tune right now. I feel the 91 octane tune increases performance through out also. Brent told me that at 3000 rpms the IMRCs open up and at that point more advanced timing kicks in. I feel a kind of flat blip right around 3000 rpm just before the IMRCs open. I'm pretty sure it is normal.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

If you want to try something else. Try a VMP tune for $50 it's hard to lose.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:08 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Sorry I can't agree with you here. If I didn'thave my brenspeed tune I wouldn't even drive it.
If I lost my super buddy mods pullys, gears, C/L CAI with Brent's tune I wouldn't have half of my car present. I thought the GT was fast until I added these other things. Can't even imagine driving the car with that weak *** Ford tune.

huh?
Old 05-09-2008, 05:10 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i am going to play around with the three tunes. see what happens. I know Brenspeed is always willing to help you out with any problems.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:16 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Because of gas prices,Today I switchecfrom the 93 tune to the 87 tune. I havent done a full throttle test, but I can tell the car is just a tad bit weaker off the line. The car doesnt pop quite as bad on start up either.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
imnotmy77stang
2nd Gear Member

You'll find most tunes and tuners have different sweet spots for a particular tune.

Bama for example has what he calls his Torque Tune, Performance Tune, and Race tune.
Torque tune is good down low but loses out some power up top.
Performance tune does better up top (highways) but loses some at the bottom (city)
His Race tunes I believe are designed for the track where you're in High RPM most of the time.

You can never have it both ways.
i find this hard to believe. when the performance increases or decreases of your car that we are discussing depends solely on electronic settings programmed into the computer, you should be able to have the great bottom end tuning along with a strong midrange and fantasic top end tune as well. isnt this what all the computers parameter adjustments are for?

im so mixed right now in regards to whos tune to use or even which version of any given tuners tunes. i have an auto, and i drive this thing around semi-uncongested towns. i want ***** out low end power but i damn sure dont want it falling on its face @ 3k rpms..... our variable cam timing is supposed to ensure these motors sing up to the redline and i'll be damned if im gonna "upgrade" to a tune that performs worse in ANY rpm range than stock.

[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][&:][&:][&:][:@]
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Bama 93 Race tune FTW!

Quick Reply: brenspeeds 87 tune