Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On my way to dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Horst

Default On my way to dealership

Wish me luck. I just got a call from a Ford Dealership telling me they would accept M.S.R.P. for a convertable GT. They have been asking $5000 over, and have refused to go below $2500 over. I may own my first Ford since my 1969 pickup. Will know in a couple of hours.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:38 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: On my way to dealership

Watch out for bait and switch!
Old 04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Go home in the car or don't go home!
Old 04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Horst

I am now the owner of a Satin Silver 5 speed GT Convertable. Got it for MSRP on the condition that I will not tell anyone where I bought it. They have one on site and are about to receive 2 more. They claim they will not sell anymore for MSRP.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:03 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Horst

I am now the owner of a Satin Silver 5 speed GT Convertable. Got it for MSRP on the condition that I will not tell anyone where I bought it. They have one on site and are about to receive 2 more. They claim they will not sell anymore for MSRP.
Congrats!

And this may be the first time in history that a dealer didn't want someone to tell anyone where they bought the car! lol
Old 04-23-2005, 10:38 PM
fordseller

[/quote]

Congrats!

And this may be the first time in history that a dealer didn't want someone to tell anyone where they bought the car! lol
[/quote]

A lot of dealer mark them up. I get lots of business from people who got mad at their local dealer because of the mark up. And we get all the A & D plan customers because no one else will sell a GT Mustang Convertible on the "plan"
Old 04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordseller

A lot of dealer mark them up. I get lots of business from people who got mad at their local dealer because of the mark up. And we get all the A & D plan customers because no one else will sell a GT Mustang Convertible on the "plan"
How can dealers not sell their cars on A or X plan? That just doesn't sound right. I'm sure that Ford doesn't have knowledge of that because they would probably have a fit if they knew that employees along with friends and family were being turned down from a given benefit of working for the company. This is why I can't stand dealers (most of them, most here are really good because of all the competition).
Old 04-23-2005, 11:56 PM
fordseller

Honoring A, D, X plans is really a dealer decision. Ford can not require that a dealership honor the plan price. Ford simply reimburses a dealership a set amount depending on the plan. Most of the dealerships around here mark the GT's up $1500-$2500 dollars, mainly because they get so few, and they won't "plan" a GT. We get a lot more because of our volumn, so we don't mark them up and we will "plan" one if they order it.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:01 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

Honoring A, D, X plans is really a dealer decision. Ford can not require that a dealership honor the plan price. Ford simply reimburses a dealership a set amount depending on the plan. Most of the dealerships around here mark the GT's up $1500-$2500 dollars, mainly because they get so few, and they won't "plan" a GT. We get a lot more because of our volumn, so we don't mark them up and we will "plan" one if they order it.

That sucks! I guess that I'm nieve when it comes to this since I've always been spoiled with the A plan here in Motown where everyone and their mom works for one of the big three. Obviously all dealerships here accept any type of "plan" program because it's simple to drive 3 miles down the road to the next dealer and get it there.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:10 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

it is not a dealer decision bud....i am a supplier for ford..and i had a car salesman give that same line of crap..so i told our ceo this,and he contacted ford,about this.
guess what? that dealership got in trouble for not honoring me...