Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meguire's NXT paste

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:47 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default Meguire's NXT paste

check out these pics after i put on some paint sealant, then the next day put on a coat of Meguire's NXT tech wax 2.0. it is pretty shiny, glossy, and check out the last pic right under the window it looks like glass. i will do another coat next week.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Meguire's NXT paste

Looks awesome! ...as quoted from Meguiars' website referring to NXT wax"This better-than-ever formula produces unbelievably deep, vibrant color and a dramatically clear wet-look." I think your car could be an ad for it. That looks amazing!

So I'm assuming you're giving the NXT high marks?? Whatkind of wax didyou use before NXT? I've been using the Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax and have been pleased.But I think when I'm finished with mine I'm getting NXT.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

NXT 2.0 is the best wax I have used ever since I started waxing cars in 1977.
It is light years better than the old NXT. Goes on easy and has great deep shine.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

so far the NXT is the best i've tried. i've also tried liquid lustre, zymol, mother's, turtle wax ice, and a few more that i've forgotten about. but yea, it looks deep and reflects the light well, i'm very pleased w/ it. i've never tried the gold class, but a friend of mine said that it is very good as well.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Well NXT 2.0 is what I'm getting next. Your car sold me!!

Unfortunately my Gold Class is a pretty new bottle though so it might be a little bit yet
Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Jokeurmnd
2nd Gear Member

That is freaking nice. A few pictures even look like its a chrome
Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I just bought the Meguiar's Gold Class paste this past weekend and had great results from it as well... might have to try the NXT next time though! Your car looks great!

Hood shot...

Profile shot...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:49 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I currently have a can of NXT, Gold Class and NXT 2.0 (and Zymol and Klasse) and my experience with the Meguiar's Gold Class is it works well but is harder to apply than NXT and way harder than NXT 2.0.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

NXT 2.0 is the best wax I've ever used, and in the past 20+ years I've tried everything on the shelves,and even stuff from Car shows and some mail order only stuff.

After trying everything, I've thrown away and given away more wax bottles than most people have bought in a lifetime. I now only keep 3 waxesin my garage. NXT 2.0 mostly for justmy stang, Meguiars Cleaner Wax for the cars that don't get garaged, and TW ICE for waxing at car shows outin the sun. The only detailer I will ever use again is TW ICE quick spray detailer. Try that one once and you'll never go back to anything else, (even the Meguiars stuff), especially since you can detail in the sun or on a hot car just like their wax.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

NXT 2.0 is the best wax I have used ever since I started waxing cars in 1977.
It is light years better than the old NXT. Goes on easy and has great deep shine.
Do you think the NXT 2.0 gives the depth of color that natural (carnuba) waxes do? I like the original NXT because of its great clarity and lasting finish, but to get really good color depth, I have to use a basecoat of a good carnuba wax and apply the NXT on top 2-3 days laterto make it last. However, as far as synthetic waxes go I can't imagine how they could have improved much on the original NXT. Since theoriginal NXT is best single wax that I've used, I'll have to step up to the 2.0 when my can runs out.

Quick Reply: Meguire's NXT paste