Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods done? A Year Later... Share Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Kluski

Default RE: Mods done? A Year Later... Share Your Thoughts

Looks nice, I like it.

I am surpirsed to hear someone say they are prettymuch done with modding their car. I have had mine since Nov 04 and still am working on getting things done. Of course, if my wife would notmind a big credit card balance, I could get a lot done right now.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

Wow that is one SHARP looking stang, man

Nice!!

Hey one question - what is going on with the Shelby pins? The posts look WAY high - and you have like a half inch clearance between the top of the mounting plate and the pin itself - god forbid the hood lets go at speed, its going to travel before the pins stop it... ??

Here's a pic showing what I mean

Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

Margarita Girl: the k-member hasn't given me any troubles at all, and i never miss a shift now! i can't say i noticed any change in the front handling, but i really didn't expect to. for the price, i'm glad i got it, no doubt. i kinda forgot about the lower front grille, but now that you guys mention it, i think i do need to get one. i had thought about splitters before i got the hoodpins, but now i'm afraid if i get em the front end will look too busy... and finally, the calipers are painted vista blue thanks to the g2 kit and hubcapsplus !

Pantera72: the frames have been killin me, too. i liked em when i first got em, and now, especially since they've kinda corroded, i hate em. know of a good place online that sells black ones?

BeeStang: the black thing is my ezpass ; i prefer it there, since i have to have a plate in jersey, as compared to my windshield.

Kluski: well, of course i say i'm done, but you know how that goes...

Burke0011: i never really thought of the pins as being too high up, but now that you mention it... i was kinda flyin by the seat of my pants when i installed em, but it's just a matter of loosening some bolts to lower the pins. i'll definitely give it a try; thanks for the advice!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ink003
Burke0011: i never really thought of the pins as being too high up, but now that you mention it... i was kinda flyin by the seat of my pants when i installed em, but it's just a matter of loosening some bolts to lower the pins. i'll definitely give it a try; thanks for the advice!
COOL man - yeah should be an easy adjustment

Just don't want anythig to happen to that blue beauty
Old 05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
08Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Looks great but you know you will never be done with modding...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Go for the splitters!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:06 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Stang looks great!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burke0011

- god forbid the hood lets go at speed, its going to travel before the pins stop it... ??
Does that REALLY happen that often with the stock hood? Just curious. I look at hood pins on the stock hood as more of an appearance mod than anything else. Maybe that's just me though.

Car looks really great by the way. The only thing I would say, and I may get in trouble for this , is that black wheels would look GREAT with your color car, especially with the black stripes.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chain1

ORIGINAL: Burke0011

- god forbid the hood lets go at speed, its going to travel before the pins stop it... ??

Does that REALLY happen that often with the stock hood? Just curious. I look at hood pins on the stock hood as more of an appearance mod than anything else. Maybe that's just me though.

Car looks really great by the way. The only thing I would say, and I may get in trouble for this , is that black wheels would look GREAT with your color car, especially with the black stripes.
Taking a nice wide-open out of the way road without much traffic where I can really open her up out of the equation....

Just making a trip on the FL turnpike to Orlando and back as I often do to see relatives - if I am passing, going 80+, etc on a windy day I see definite hood shake going on - especially when I pass a semi and I breakthe "V" of wind that is coming off the flat front of the truck.

Good chance the latch will hold of course.... BUT

if I am going 90 to pass someone (and that is keeping UP with a lot of cars on the turnpike trust me) that LAST thing I want to be doingis nervously noticing the hood start shimmying when i should be paying attention to the road. Plus I feel somehwat stupid that it is even happneing in the first place

Withno fogs and the billet grill, I ampushing more air into the engine bay anyway. So yeah I think they are definitely practical with the stock hood.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

OK, thanks for the info. I was just wondering if there had been incidents of the hood blowing off on these cars.

Quick Reply: Mods done? A Year Later... Share Your Thoughts