Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not techincal... But I think it should be said.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:18 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default Not techincal... But I think it should be said.

Instead of answering my post in an earlier post, the entire thread was deleted. So I'll pose my question here.

Why do non-technical threads keep getting moved or deleted? It seems we have a few over-zealous mods here. This section is dedicated to the S197 community. I love Mustangs, but as you can tell, I'm a S197 nut. And for that, I generally only come to the S197 section. I don't browse the Photo section or OT section much, because I usually want to see S197 related things. 80% of threads in the S197 section are not technical, but remain. Yet quite a few threads get moved and deleted arbitrarily, because someone is in a bad mood and feels like exercising their E-Peen. If it's related to S197s, it should be left in the S197 area if that's where the original poster intended it to be. We have separate S197 V6 and V8 technical forums. If I want to post pictures of my S197's in this section, that's where they should say. If someone wants to talk about what they like about their S197, it should stay here. I'm the mod of another prominent board of the Mustang community, and we would never do that. It's really making me consider leaving the site. There's tons of people on here, which I really like. But when I make a post, or am trying to watch a thread, it's very annoying to come back and find it missing. And when ever any opposition to the moderation on the board comes up, the thread suddenly disappears without a trace... as this one most likely will.

This is my plea to the mods. Leave S197 related threads where the original poster intended them, so long as they comply with the MF TOS. This is the main section, and the place where people come for S197 related talk and tech. Don't take the talk out.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Not techincal... and I don't care.

i have no clue what thread you are talking about......
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

well, i dont think there should be a problem with threads being moved, because when a thread is moved, it's not deleted. it just says MOVED: blahblahblah

i guess the only negative about a thread being moved is that it just keeps going lower and lower down the list, since it can't be bumped up in the section it was originally posted in [&:]

anyways, hope you feel better
Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

You have to see where other people are coming from. Some people come in here for tech stuff only. If I want non-tech stuff, Ill go to the other sections. Im not trying to sound like an ***, but Im sure the threads that are not tech related will eventually get moved or deleted. Theres a reason why there are specific sections.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:43 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

come to think of it, i actually understand what the OP is trying to say.
for example, i get happy (yep, i get excited, in anticipation to see everyone's beautiful rides) when theres a "NEW PICS" thread in the s197 section, but i'd probably get annoyed looking in the photo section, as i couldn't care less about looking at guys' fox bodies.
no offense, but i think fox bodies are pretty damn ugly [X(]
Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i let the pics threads go for until they are a couple pages deep or a few days old. We created the photo forum for this sole purpose. So if someone wants to go look at sweet rides, there is a section just for them.....

If you can tell me why ranting about gas prices or how bitching becuase you got speeding ticket is related to tech i would also like to know......These are clearly OT
Old 05-15-2008, 11:14 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

i let the pics threads go for until they are a couple pages deep or a few days old. We created the photo forum for this sole purpose. So if someone wants to go look at sweet rides, there is a section just for them.....

If you can tell me why ranting about gas prices or how bitching becuase you got speeding ticket is related to tech i would also like to know......These are clearly OT
well for one...gas prices rising means less hot rodding the car because of the supercharger needing more fuel, so it costs more to run going WOT or partial throttle even and it's the main deterrent to me getting a forged internal assembly so I can up the boost.

2nd because a speeding ticket could be related to the technical part because their mods got them to that speed

Idk lol just thought I'd have some fun with that[8D]
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

yes i totally agree. the threads about gas prices and speeding tickets should go into OT.
i also think the threads that go along the lines of "I GOT KEYED" should be sent int OT. i mean, i feel sympathy and sorrow for you, but if youre not asking how to get it fixed, then dont post. seriously, what do u want people online to do for you.. send you money through paypal? gain self-esteem and happiness from their comments? the comments are always along the lines of "im so sorry dude" or "wow i cant believe there are such ******** out there" or "this is why i park as far from everyone as i can"... [sm=rant.gif]
Old 05-15-2008, 11:46 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

idk i took a whole mess of pics to put up to show the newer mods, but mainly due to the spike in interest in my wheel job i did...was moved to photo section, then i had to post pics in other threads on top of that anyway...but then again, they were some really good pics with scenery, etc. so it's mk...i started wandering to other parts recently...if you wanna laugh ur *** off, go to OT it's great...photo section is cool, esp the "other rides" part...good to see i'm not the only one with some old muscle
Old 05-16-2008, 12:27 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I agree with the OP for the most part. I don't venture out of the S197 section except to look into the V6 subsection. So I understand what you are saying and it bugs me sometimes but there has to be some type of control with this many people and threads so they have to draw the line somewhere. But I have no problem with photo threads being in the S197 sections. Maybe the I GOT KEYED threads should be moved to the OT but usually they post those right after it happens and are furious and just go to their comfort zone in the S197 section.

Quick Reply: Not techincal... But I think it should be said.