Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has your pony ever just stopped?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:44 AM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

Default Has your pony ever just stopped?

Quick question to everyone - just curious if this was a one shot deal that's possible or the early sign of a problem. After driving around the city most of the day yesterday, I had a strange experience. I made a right turn as I normally would (although with a bit more zip and speed than normal as the family had just finished doing some go-kart racing as I was still in that mode ;o) ), and then drove about 2 blocks as I approached the next light. As I came to my stop and slightly turned my steering wheel to the right (I was going to make another right turn after I stopped and checked for oncoming traffic), I felt the wheel tense up. When I look and take notice, things were quiet, the steering wheel wouldn't turn and my engine was dead!

I put the car in Park and proceeded to re-start the car, and right before that I noticed that the check engine and battery lights were on. I don't know if the rest had come on and cycled through as they normally do when the car starts up, or if those were the warning lights that decided to come on, but in any case, I cranked it and the car fired right back up and away we went. The rest of the evening, I didn't experience any problems or see any warning lights.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any reason for it?

From a recent work perspective, I did take it in 5 days before because the wrench and check engine lights came on and I was experiencing the "limp mode" with the throttle response. The dealer found the throttle sensor was bad and replaced it with a new one (along with giving me my 15K service since it was coming due anyways).

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Has your pony ever just stopped?

If you have a tuner device have you checked to see if any codes have been thrown?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:14 AM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Has your pony ever just stopped?

Thanks, but unfortunately, I'm lo tech right now and no tuner device.