Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with pricing a GT and GT/CS

Old 05-20-2008, 06:01 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help with pricing a GT and GT/CS

Thanks guys,
appreciate all the info. I sent an e-mail yesterday for an internet price.
Of course they are calling me now. ybnormal...of course I am going to get the stick this time!!! I have an auto now, I would of got the manual last time but I fell in love with the Torch Red with black stripes sitting all by itself in spotlights at the dealership!!!
They suckered me in!!!! Lol I do love it tho and know it sounds stupid, but I will cry when I sell it, it's my baby. But.... I think I could learn to love another....[8D]

gears...ok, who wants to explain that one to me???
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

On a manual stock option is a 3.31 gear ratio, but for an extra charge you can get a 3.55 gear ratio. If you plan on modding it a lot just get the 3.31 since you will most likely change them to something higher and not waste the money on the option. If you plan on sticking stock I'd get the 3.55 for a little better punch of the line.

I have an auto so no choice (though I think there should be)
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Starfire

On a manual stock option is a 3.31 gear ratio, but for an extra charge you can get a 3.55 gear ratio. If you plan on modding it a lot just get the 3.31 since you will most likely change them to something higher and not waste the money on the option. If you plan on sticking stock I'd get the 3.55 for a little better punch of the line.

I have an auto so no choice (though I think there should be)

Thanks Starfire. I understand the gear thing now. lol But I didn't notice what was on the few that I saw.I love driving a manual. But then again.....I don't have far to drive to work. (I work at home) [8D]
Old 05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
2007REDFIREGT
1st Gear Member

theresa; here in VA. most dealerships threw internet pricing will let you buy a car for $100.00 over invoice including all rebates for a car in stockor one they get from another dealer (excludes all Shelbys/GT500's). If you buy a car at $100.00 overinvoice and all rebates the dealer is still making about $800.00 to $1000.00 profit andTHATS AFACT. When I buy a new car I tell them $100.00 over invoice and rebates and have no problems. Don't pay for any extra's (paint sealant, warrantys etc.). Have fun buying a new GT and GOOD LUCK.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

My GT/CS stickered at like $31,900...

After deducting cash back rebates and xplan...

Then adding in TTL my purchase price was $27,500.

I financed through USAA because the Ford rates were crap in March.

To me, the front and rear facias and the two toned leather interior are a bargain for the $1795 mark up for the GT/CS.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Yup have to agree that's why I got the GT/CS also, Wanted the 18" wheels and they are 900 alone so for another 900 I got a more limited car with upgrades and an awesome interior!

On a side note Steve O how do you like your Corsa's?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Starfire

Yup have to agree that's why I got the GT/CS also, Wanted the 18" wheels and they are 900 alone so for another 900 I got a more limited car with upgrades and an awesome interior!

On a side note Steve O how do you like your Corsa's?
I've only seen 2 other GT/CS's in the 2+ months I've owned mine... so yeah, the exclusivity is a definitely plus.

I LOVE my Corsa's.I drive 52 miles a day so I wanted something that wouldn't be too obtrusive and drone while I'm doing my commute. The Corsa's have NO DRONE at all and have been everything I expected them to be. Plus when you get on it, they sound fantastic. A++
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Yes according to what I've found out that about 7600 were build for 2007 so that's not really a high number, and that's all colors and styles (Coupe and vert)

There is this: http://www.cafepress.com/gt_cs.263090603 but there is no info for 2008 yet.

Same with me I've only seen 2 and I've had my car about 2 and a half months. One in the car club I'm a member in, it's black and a Candy apple like yours, you don't live in the Chicago area do you?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

theresa after you get your best price tell you have an x plan number any one you know who works for ford can get you one also check with your employeras many mi employers get the deal from ford
good luck
Old 05-21-2008, 06:10 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I do know someone that works for Fords. I got X plan on my 07 pony.

I keep filp flopping on if I want the CS or a GT. I love the classy looks of the CS.
But yet I want to put on a few appearance mods too....Stripes...maybe an Eleanore grill..
splitters, stuff like that. Can u put those kinds of things on a CS?

Ford has $2500.00cash back or $1000.00 and a certain % until June 1st I think.
That's pretty good.

Since I got my car last year, Ive seen only about 5 or 6 CS's. I see TONS of V6's, maybe 1 GT a week. Saw a sweet black GT last night with silver stripes...louvers...and I don't know what else...I couldn't catch up to him..lol That's rare. I hardly see any modded mustangs around here, just at shows.

So another question...CS or GT?
P.S. Thanks for the prices guys...gives me a good idea what I should pay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with pricing a GT and GT/CS