Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with pricing a GT and GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help with pricing a GT and GT/CS

GT/CS for me....

Old 05-21-2008, 06:35 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Starfire

GT/CS for me....

Wow Starfire!! Awesome!

I savedit on my computer...lol
Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I guess its a matter of taste.. I don't care too much about the 1" bigger wheels or the side scoops (which you can buy after market) or anything else that the cs has so it wouldn't be worth it to me.. some people love those little extras and are willing to pay for it..
Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 PM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

For me it was CS all the way. I loved the 2 tone leather and the front and rear fascia's. No way I could touch the extra's for the price they charged me for them so why not. The only thing that sux is that I keep seeing a guy that has the identical car!! LOL Also, I plan on getting new wheels so some of the extra cost is a waste unless I can get the cash back out of them on craigs list.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 PM
stang22jh

ORIGINAL: Mishri

I guess its a matter of taste.. I don't care too much about the 1" bigger wheels or the side scoops (which you can buy after market) or anything else that the cs has so it wouldn't be worth it to me.. some people love those little extras and are willing to pay for it..

+1
I also think it iswhat you like. Idon't care for the extras and prefer a more solid look. I am not a fan of the pin stripes, or theCS stripe features. I think they look good oncolors, and just bad on others. Get what you want and be happy.
Just don't tell the dealer how much you are willing to pay for the vehicle or for a car payment. They will ask you if you plan on trading in a vehicle or if you have any money to put down. With good credit there is no need to put any money down or even negotiate the idea. When the deal is said and done, that is when you drop the bomb and tell them, "By the way, I am going to put this much money down."Iwould shop for a bank car loan versus going through the dealership finance vampires too.Another thing to look at is if you plan on doing any mods to the car,ie...intake, pulleys, gears, shaker 1000 upgrade, Sirius,wheels/tires.Again, wait until the deal is complete and then tell the dealerthat youwant to add some upgrades..+1 they will be covered in your warranty. Happy Hunting.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 PM
chopin0302
1st Gear Member

Theresa,
I went with the GT/CS and I love it. I felt that the front and rear fascias, 18" wheels, interior upgrade package, and two tone interior were worth the little extra. I've met a few folks with a CS, and none of them wish that they had gone with just the GT.

As far as cost goes, the stiker on mine was just over $31,300. They had a $1,500 rebate and I made them drop all the non-essentials everyone has been talking about. I had good positive equity on my 2004 Volvo so I was able to get the take home price down to just over $24,500. The best part was getting two dealerships in a drinking contest to give me more for the trade in, which we focused on after I negotiated the asking price. The appraisals for the volvo started at $8,000, and what I would do is go to one dealership and say "he offered to give me $8k for the Volvo,"and they would reply with, "we'll give you 8.5.." So then I would take that to the previous dealer, and so on and so on. Eventually the one dealership gave me 10k. Took a few trips back and forth, but it was worth it. There was no waythat Volvowas worth that much as a trade in. But, they wanted my business, so there you have it.

Moral of the story: You are the buyer, the dealerships want your business and theyWILL bend if you play hard ball. Happy hunting!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

How do I find the invoice price? I am looking on the window sticker on line, and it doesn't show it.
I thought I saw it when I was looking on the car tho....How do I find the invoice price so I can call the dealer in a few?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

the wheels on the cs are the same on my gt..........
Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 AM
2007REDFIREGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

How do I find the invoice price? I am looking on the window sticker on line, and it doesn't show it.
I thought I saw it when I was looking on the car tho....How do I find the invoice price so I can call the dealer in a few?
Go to WWW.KBB.COM then put in your Zip Code, Pick 2008 mustang GT and build your car under PRICE WITH OPTIONS. This will give you Invoice and retail prices and bottom line totals. You have to subtract the Rebates from bottom line. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Quick Reply: Help with pricing a GT and GT/CS