Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did you get a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:37 AM
getpower

Default Why did you get a mustang?

Here's the deal, I am in the market for a really nice car or truck soon and I am just confused with all of the things that I could buy with MY hard-earned money. I have come to terms with the fact that I cant have everything, so what I want to know is why did you buy your mustang?

I mean over other choices. With the same amount of money I could pretty much get a diesel truck, a Subaru WRX, and there are a whole lot of other options. But right now I am on a sports car kick, so here I am on this website.

Tell me whats up with your choice, whether it be brand name or anything like that and I am gonna apologize right now if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum. It just seemed to be the spot where I would get more responses that are targeted towards what I am after.

So, Shoot...
Old 05-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why did you get a mustang?

Well for me it was3 things... One itwas American madeand the majority of the money spent for it stays in the US economy. Two its just beutifull and the only true musclecar left and 18 yr olds cant buy one and throw a wallmart wing on it and a foldiers cofee can on the tail pipe and call it a race car. Three Its a Mustang! what else can I say.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

its just a really nice car man, i love it. I had a subaru WRX. the transmission makes the car crappy. like... really crappy. go test drive what u think u like and make the decision. But u have to remember there is almost no limit to modding, u can customize it to look likeno other mustang out there. www.americanmuscle.com www.mossmustangs.com www.brenspeed.com www.steeda.com and those are just a few. Its worth it
Old 05-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Blue Meanie
2nd Gear Member

It was, and is, simply the best looking new car available for purchase. The 2009 Challenger R/T in black is seriously Badass looking too. Might there be room for 2 musclecars inmy garage?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Eric261
2nd Gear Member

Well I narrowed my choices down to a few cars really. I wanted something fast, could seat atleast 4 people, and well was just an all around performance vehicle. I looked into the srt-8 and I thought that was weak because its an auto and 350z's only seat 2 people. It came down to an evo, mustang gt, or infiniti g35. I drove the g35 first but it just didnt fit my personality.
It just didnt match me as a person or my character, it was just too luxurious for my taste.

The evo was..... ehhh..... I wasnt impressed by it and also its already turboed so the amount of work I would have to put into that little 4 banger to get down into 11's seemed costly compared to the work I would have to do to a car with a larger engine. Ideally I want a very fast street car that could do consistent 11's as a daily driver and be reliable.

When I drove the mustang I was like wow this car is me. Big v8, lots of torque, very rugged yet tasteful and easily upgradeable and could achieve the goal I wanted with ease. I was sold. I bought it that day. My freinds are all in to rice but I like my american muscle.

Also keep in mind, yea a wrx might handle better than a mustang but nothing some suspension work couldnt help fix its not like it handles like a bus I mean it can take a turn I mean after all it is a sports car... Whenever my freinds talk about how my cars only good for straightaways and cant corner my response is "all turns lead to straight aways" Drive the car see how you like it and get what makes YOU happy. Good luck let us know what you end up with.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:58 AM
fosman77
2nd Gear Member

When i first took atest drive, it was like going back in time. It was a brand new muscle car, and I average 20 miles per gallon,not bad for a car with this power. It is not my daley driver but I drive it alot. Also it is the best looking Mustang in 35 years.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

what got me looking at the new Mustang in 2005 after turning the other way upon seeing the 2 previous models was the 0-60 time and the price.
It was the best value for something that had more pick up than my slow sport wagon. I need power to get on the freeway here, where I live. It's scary trying to merge when they're going 75 in the slow lanes.

I wouldn't know what to buy today...
Old 05-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Jus Cruisin
1st Gear Member

To be honest, if I could only have one vehicle, it would not be the Mustang. It would be a truck. Diesel? Had one just before my current truck. I always wanted a dually and it was big. My wife wouldn't drive it and being 4WD (actually 6WD) it didn't get very good economy for a diesel (14-17 empty). Had I gotten a 2WD quadcab shortbox, I would probably stilll have it. You can make those trucks really fast.

The Mustang is a riot to own but it has toomany drawbacks as the only vehicle. Can't tow anything of substance. Can't throw a bunch of lawn stuff in the back. Can't carry a motorcycle. Can't really carry 4 people. Can't thow a 5 gal gascan in the back to get lawnmower gas.

The same can be said for my Corvette. It would never be my only vehicle.

I vote truck as your only vehicle.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

[ol][*]Biggest bang-for-the-buck in a performance vehicle[*]Lot's of "bolt-on" stuff to consider[*]Look's too f**kin' cool[*]Gives me wood every time I get on it[*]Gets my g/f wet every time I get on it[*]Makes me feel like a kid again (see #'s 4 and 5)[/ol]
Old 05-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Kara
4th Gear Member

When the 2005 mustang came out I fell in love. Being a chevy girl it took me 3 years wrestling with the thought of having a Ford to get one. No regrets either.

Quick Reply: Why did you get a mustang?