Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to keep Radio and Odometer lights from dimming out when Headlights on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Default How to keep Radio and Odometer lights from dimming out when Headlights on?

When I am drivingin to workin the morning I always turn on my headlights. When I turn the headlights on, the gauges switch to "MyColor" but the stock green odometer and radio lights dim out to where I can't even see them due to the sun being partially up in the sky. Is there a way to set these lights sothat when I turn on the headlights the radio and odometer lights stay at the same brightness they were before I turned the headlights on?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How to keep Radio and Odometer lights from dimming out when Headlights on?

Anyone?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How to keep Radio and Odometer lights from dimming out when Headlights on?

I'm pretty sure you can't, but i dunno.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i highly doubt it since its not done by just wiring anymore
Old 05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

i ao would like that mod
Old 05-20-2008, 03:00 PM
ensit mike
2nd Gear Member

your sure that you have the dimmer on the left next to the headlight switch is all the way up? mine doesnt dim at all when I turn my lights on.[&:]
Old 05-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Since the Mycolor is plenty bright when I turn the headlights on, turning up the dimmer will make the Mycolor too bright. The radio and odometer lights actually dim out when the headlights turn on. There's something else going on here...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

the radio is supposed to dim when the headlights come on.

just turn your dimmer switch all the way up and set your mycolor to a color combo or variant that's not too bright.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

You guys that were suggesting the dimmer was the problem were right. I turned the dimmer up. I feel like an ***...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

It is really nice to have all of these guys to bounce questions off of so thatwe don't have to go to the dealer every timewe have a simple problem; the bad part is every once in a while they can really make us look stupid for asking. Good to hear that you got your problem solved.

Quick Reply: How to keep Radio and Odometer lights from dimming out when Headlights on?