Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: What BOV should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
skymarauder

Default RE: HELP: What BOV should I get?

whats the difference between the greddy type s, type r, and type rs?? lol i like the turbo XS sound, its not bad at all. the HKS SSQV is high pitched and ricey but would fit a v8 turbo tho u know.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:37 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skymarauder

whats the difference between the greddy type s, type r, and type rs?? lol i like the turbo XS sound, its not bad at all. the HKS SSQV is high pitched and ricey but would fit a v8 turbo tho u know.
the greddy bovs each have a slightly different pitch if you listen closely
Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

From thier site....

The Type RS for 100-400hp, Type R for 260-450hp and the Stiff Spring Type R for over 400hp applications.

ive got the stiff spring. here is a video of me on the track and one moving the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f73LeaI2BY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSqQrxY1GS4
Old 05-22-2008, 12:03 AM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

So I guess its the pressure from higher power applications that makes the sound slightly vary, I stand corrected [sm=hail.gif]
Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 AM
pLaGuIeNtO
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

From thier site....

The Type RS for 100-400hp, Type R for 260-450hp and the Stiff Spring Type R for over 400hp applications.

ive got the stiff spring. here is a video of me on the track and one moving the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f73LeaI2BY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSqQrxY1GS4
I have said it before and I say it again, your car is just sick as hell, I really like it a lot!!

Here is how my car BPV sounds like :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLgbjwhwEgM

About the BOV, how hard is to replace the ATI BPV for a BOV?

Thanks in advance!!!

See you later!!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danbevsv6rumbler

get one of these

by far the best... hands down
That made me LOL.

Can you imagine doing that in traffic? Or lining up for a race or something? Good times.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

hey skymarauder whats going on... we talked at the dealership yesterday when i was having my recall done.... the blue mustang gt with the white stripes... I knew the picture of your car looked familiar.... Why do you want a new bov?? isnt your car setup for recirc? your not planning on going vta are you? Well as for the bov question, i had the hks ssq on my evo and because it wasnt vta and was recirc'd the sound was more of a pussshhhh there was no high pitch sound. If you are looking for a good valve that will easily hold your boost and get a little high pitch sound get the forge vavle. My buddy got it on his mazdaspeed 3 and it holds boost really good and he gets a little high pitch sound at the end, almost sounded like the hks but better imo.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:44 AM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Dont bother with the greddy bov's they are not as good as people make them sound... a friend of mine did a comparison of a stock evo valve compared to a greddy type-s and rs and the stock valve reacted faster and held more boost....??? I dont know why they leaked as bad as they did but they wouldnt hold the boost for some reason... we took them apart and everything.... thats why i say forge.... they are fully adjustable, i think you can buy them with 3 different springs and comes with shims to adj the way you want it.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 AM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimeForPain

Dont bother with the greddy bov's they are not as good as people make them sound... a friend of mine did a comparison of a stock evo valve compared to a greddy type-s and rs and the stock valve reacted faster and held more boost....??? I dont know why they leaked as bad as they did but they wouldnt hold the boost for some reason... we took them apart and everything.... thats why i say forge.... they are fully adjustable, i think you can buy them with 3 different springs and comes with shims to adj the way you want it.

I had a greddy bov when I still had a rx-7 with 370whp and I didn't have a single problem with it
Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 AM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

yeah but did you actually compare it to any other bov's?? we took off and compared 4 different bov's the greddy type-s , type rs, stock and the forge. Out of all of them the forge was the best.... its mostly because its so adjustable, if you are leaking you just shim it and your all set or you change to a stiffer spring. But i dont think skymarauder is running the boost levels that he would have to worry about it, i was running 23 psi and my buddys speed 3 is running 18-25 psi.

Quick Reply: HELP: What BOV should I get?