Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My clear third brake light is in

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My clear third brake light is in

I have a Black GT and tried the smoked LED third brake light. I liked the fact that the smoked lens blends in and disappears when off, but I thought that the LED light was too bright. At night, I could clearly see people in the car behind me shielding their eyes from the intensity of the LEDs lol.

I was going to tint the smoked LED third brake light lens to black it out even more and to give motorists behind me a break, but then I noticed that my LEDs never turn completely off (even when the car is off). I reported this problem to American Muscle and it appears that the 08's wiring is different and causes the LEDs to remain on (very dim)all of the time - they have since indicated on their website that the LED third brake lights only work correctly on 05 -07 models.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

TY
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdmcbride

I have a Black GT and tried the smoked LED third brake light. I liked the fact that the smoked lens blends in and disappears when off, but I thought that the LED light was too bright. At night, I could clearly see people in the car behind me shielding their eyes from the intensity of the LEDs lol.

I was going to tint the smoked LED third brake light lens to black it out even more and to give motorists behind me a break, but then I noticed that my LEDs never turn completely off (even when the car is off). I reported this problem to American Muscle and it appears that the 08's wiring is different and causes the LEDs to remain on (very dim)all of the time - they have since indicated on their website that the LED third brake lights only work correctly on 05 -07 models.
Thats crazy, yea mine is super brite as well.