MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Pic Request...Midwest Auto Strut Tower Covers... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/448772-pic-request-midwest-auto-strut-tower-covers.html)

mlcrycc 05-24-2008 04:08 PM

Pic Request...Midwest Auto Strut Tower Covers...

Looking for pics of Midwest Auto Gear Strut Tower Covers.....Really looking for those that have used them with a Strut Tower Brace, and would love to see pics of the covers that are made for the STB, but without the STB installed yet.....

Trying to get an idea of how the covers look before the STB is installed.....

Thx,
Mike

mygt500 05-24-2008 07:21 PM

RE: Pic Request...Midwest Auto Strut Tower Covers...

the covers will pop off if you have an aftermarket front suspension (struts). The main bolt coming up the middle will pop them off with bumps and turns. I know a guy that it does that to.....just an FYI

mlcrycc 05-24-2008 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mygt500

the covers will pop off if you have an aftermarket front suspension (struts). The main bolt coming up the middle will pop them off with bumps and turns. I know a guy that it does that to.....just an FYI
Thanks for the tip!! Currently my suspension is stock....

Thx,
Mike

mygt500 05-24-2008 09:07 PM

just checking...I am sure the others will follow with pics but it is the weekend and a holiday weekend at that. I think it said something in the website but not sure. Love those tires man....they give the appearance of being lowered;)

Chris07GT 05-24-2008 10:31 PM

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it. I just installed the Midwest strut covers as well as the Ford Racing STB a couple days ago.

mlcrycc 05-25-2008 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris07GT

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it. I just installed the Midwest strut covers as well as the Ford Racing STB a couple days ago.
Chris, that would be great!! Sounds like exactly what I am looking for......

Thanks,
Mike

Boozshey 05-25-2008 12:40 PM

Yeah, I want to see how it turned out also!!!

Joolander 05-25-2008 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mygt500

wait....

what if your aftermarket suspension is from ford? [&:]

Stndbck 05-25-2008 04:56 PM

I was so hoping to see these cover in person at a show I went to today, there were several S197's there but hardly any had covers. One guy had some polished billet stuff which was OK, but I really would have liked to see them on a car in person, and I have not yet. It really is a lot of money for a couple pieces of plastic.

cobra443 05-25-2008 05:45 PM

I have seen quite a few in person. They look ok... IMO the best thing I have seen was color matched caps that were screwed on. The caps just look a little out of place.