Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My local dealer kills me ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:22 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default My local dealer kills me ...

I bought a Saleen Speedometer for my car from UGM. However that didn't work out so well. They sold me an instrument cluster. I made sure thats what I was getting, made sure it was plug and play, even asked what color the back light was; answer was blue. Well I'm all excited when DHL shows up, they drop the pkg. I look at the box and think wow that's kind of small. I pick it up, it's light as a feather and I'm just instantly mad. I rip the box open thinking they sent me nothing. I paid $230 for an overlay !!! So basically they commited fraud, they say any tuner can fix the speedometer or the dealer. However anyone who knows anything knows that the speedometer really isn't adjustable like that. It's built into the instrument cluster. Small adjustments can be made for tire sizes etc with a tuner or at the dealer but not to compensate for a 200 mph speedometer. Anyways, it's going to be going back and they are paying shipping. I wouldn't recommend anyone deal with them since they lied.

Anyways, while I'm on the phone asking about the speedometer to my service guy. We sold him a house so we know him pretty good. I say hey man do you think you could hook me up on some OEM parts? He says yeah just come down and we'll talk with the parts manager. Well I told him what I wanted; GT500 front end. He calls me back to tell me no go on the speedometer than he tells me what the parts manager said about the GT500 front end. Get ready for this guys ... He says that Ford doesn't sell the parts. Shelby does. To order the parts you have to have a VIN number registered to your name and than you have to send back the old Shelby parts to Shelby on your dime. Good thing this was a voice mail otherwise the guy would of got a earful of me laughing at him. It's like my local dealer is in the stone age and they have their heads up their *** so far they don't know up from down and left from right. Pretty funny stuff. I think I'm going to go in there with the part numbers and just have them pull em up for me.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: My local dealer kills me ...

you should give him the part numbers and have him run those in the computer....they will show up. Some dealers might not realize this stuff and its not there fault really but if they took 5 minutes they could figure it out.

As for the guage, yeah i knew you could be the face of the gauges, i have never known to be able to buy the whole cluster though. The gt500 cluster you buy from the the dealer i know that....its like$ 350. I would expect the saleen to go for the same. The overlays are about 230 i think like you said
Old 05-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Your dealer is horribly misinformed. They take a grain of truth and then mess things up.

The bumpers are NOT availeble through shelby, shelby does not sell them, it's a lie.
You don't have to send your old bumper back, this is a lie.
The bumpers DO require a GT500 vin number.

----------

Anyway $230 is terrible for the overlay, and you are supposed to get a free instalation voucher with them.

The overlay costs $199 and when you purchase it, you send it to Saleen (on your own dime) allong with your cluster which you remove, they then install it in your cluster for free allong with a special recalibration gear because again the car doesn't work with a 200mph speedomiter. Saleen then sends it back on their dime and you then reinstall the cluster.

This may not be 100% accurate as to the costs associated, but it happens bassically like that I've heard.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I'm just going to end up sending it back on their dime and getting the refund. I'm just ticked they sold me the overlay and said it was the whole cluster. [:@]