Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front license plate help

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: front license plate help

i don't know about you guys, but in my state (VA) they require to have two plates, cept i don't want to have the screws in my front bumper, do you know if they will let you just stick it on your dash er sometin, so that i don't have to damage my bumper
Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Project Renegade

i don't know about you guys, but in my state (VA) they require to have two plates, cept i don't want to have the screws in my front bumper, do you know if they will let you just stick it on your dash er sometin, so that i don't have to damage my bumper
i bet it is different from state to state, but im pretty sure you can suction cup it right on there. or just keep it in your trunk and tell the officer that pulled you over that you just bought the kit and was waiting to get home to installe it.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:20 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Texas requires them but I haven't added them to either of my last two Mustangs or my wites Mercedes.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: surfbum7190

i bet it is different from state to state, but im pretty sure you can suction cup it right on there. or just keep it in your trunk and tell the officer that pulled you over that you just bought the kit and was waiting to get home to installe it.
haha yeah il bet thats going to workbu they maybe he will just see a young kid lookin all giddy in his mustang[8D]
Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

I have a moss relocation bracket unused still new in the box if someone wants it. I purchased it for my CS6 front bumper, but there's no where under there to mount it. PM if you're interested.

-danny
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Silent_Rein

generally i havent heard of many people getting pulled over for it, because i live in an area that gets a lot of PA drivers(1 plate) here in jersey(2 plates)
cops dont seem to pay attention.. or at least thats what im told by a friend who refuses to add the front plate
Old 05-27-2008, 08:35 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silent_Rein

generally i havent heard of many people getting pulled over for it, because i live in an area that gets a lot of PA drivers(1 plate) here in jersey(2 plates)
cops dont seem to pay attention.. or at least thats what im told by a friend who refuses to add the front plate
i live in PA but travel to jersey sometimes. but i think the law works where if you have plates for a state that only requires 1 plate, you can venture into a "2 plate" state and still be legal.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Silent_Rein

yea its still legal.. generally i think it goes by where you're registered to, and not so much where you drive

and as clarification, what i meant by my last post is that there are a lot of car around here from PA that have 1 plate.. so its common to see cars driving around with no front plate, and you wont look so 'out of place' with only one as well
Old 06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: surfbum7190

haha just use that one everytime u get pulled over..... that would only work until the same cop pulls u over twice [sm=smiley5.gif]
Old 06-04-2008, 06:32 AM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

I Used 3M tape on my front liscense plate...I didn't want to drill in my bumber..It holds pretty good and has not budged.

Quick Reply: front license plate help