Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama Race Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bama Race Tune

i use the 93race tune from doug on my 08gt daily.....at first it was a little surprising, but after a few minutes of driving you will get the hang of it.......excellent throttle response,imo......and i put the 4:10's after the race tune,,,,,,great combo!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

The race tune and performane tune are EXACTLY the same EXCEPT for one change....

the race tune throttle settings are alot more aggressive. I do not recommend the race tune for a daily driven car.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Unleashedbeast

The race tune and performane tune are EXACTLY the same EXCEPT for one change....

the race tune throttle settings are alot more aggressive. I do not recommend the race tune for a daily driven car.

a stated before, i use the 93 race tune daily....and it is great!!!!!!!would highly recommend it
Old 06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

good looking gt, unleash!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1morepart

good looking gt, unleash!!!!
I was about to say the same thing to you You made me walk outside to make sure my GT was still in the garage!!! LOL!

The main reason I don't recommend it is for one reason only.....

Some people do let others drive their car (I rarely do), but when that happens you don't want the inexperienced driver to have to adjust to such aggressive settings. They might hit something.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1morepart

a stated before, i use the 93 race tune daily....and it is great!!!!!!!would highly recommend it
+1 It takes a little to get used to, but after adjusting I love having the instant throttle response it provides.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all of the input everyone. I'll definitely go race tune as I am the only one who drives my car and I am used to a much more instant throttle response.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

i honestly wasnt as impressed as i was hoping with the race tune, the site says its hard not to spin the wheels at a red light? i was def expecting a lot more, i matched it up with the c&l intake...also the torque tune isnt really that great, i thought i would like it more than i would, but when i think about it the performance is a lot better, or race i guess...cause when you need the power the most your prob just dropping a gear or two instantly making it high rpm's, and if you going off the line, just keep it revved up and it hits a wicked power band...but overall was kinda expecting something more after all the posts ive read on here
Old 06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

I have the race as a daily tune and no problem but I also have to agree, there is a change in the power but not as drastic as I had thought. I might go for a dyno tune soon just to see if more power can be found.

But yeah use it as a daily you'll be fine.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Starfire

I have the race as a daily tune and no problem but I also have to agree, there is a change in the power but not as drastic as I had thought. I might go for a dyno tune soon just to see if more power can be found.

But yeah use it as a daily you'll be fine.
ok, so im only 17 and dont know too much about the mustang and the performance stuff yet, so i ask a lot of questions to learn...so what exactly are you talking about when you say a dyno tune? obviously its on a dyno, but do you just have someone else tune it for you?

Quick Reply: Bama Race Tune