Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everything Hurts Now..... and for what exactly??? My new mod, now with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
logicbombx
2nd Gear Member

Default Everything Hurts Now..... and for what exactly??? My new mod, now with pics!

Not sure if anyone has read my previous posts about my pinstripe dilemma. I bought my car used and before I found it the dealer painted pinstripes on it. painted, not tape. I bought the car a quickly realized I hated them. I spent months trying to get used to them and also researching how to get them off safely. Anyway to make a long story short, after searching for months and finding no solid answers,(and yes I tried oven cleaner but it would only take the silver stripes off and not the black) the only way I could get them off was with acetone, a rag, and lots, and I mean lots, of elbow grease. I spent 2-3 days doing this and now it is done and every part of my body hurts, especially my fingers. And for what exactly? To take the pinstripes off???? I can't even show that off to anyone..... I feel kinda weird about that.

"Dude, check it out, I just spent 18 hours modding my car....what do you think?"

"Um, I don't see anything??"

"Exactly!! Doesn't it look awesome!!!"

I think I need help :-P
Old:

And New:

Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Everything Hurts Now..... and for what exactly??? My new mod, now with pics!

Good job. Now it will slip through the air faster, less drag. LOL
Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Everything Hurts Now..... and for what exactly??? My new mod, now with pics!

I wasn't sure when you first posted this issue about the stripes but now that I see it I like it better without the stripes. Nice job. Definitely looks better - much cleaner. (no pun intended)
Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
firestang24
2nd Gear Member

I feel your pain. I kept mine on for about a year, then every morning when i got out of work, i'd peel a small bit. the moisture that accumulated on the car overnight helped. after two weeks mine were gone completely.
dealers are morons, and your car looks better w/o them
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
logicbombx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firestang24

I feel your pain. I kept mine on for about a year, then every morning when i got out of work, i'd peel a small bit. the moisture that accumulated on the car overnight helped. after two weeks mine were gone completely.
dealers are morons, and your car looks better w/o them
Were your's tape?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

looks clean, great job!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

looks really good!

i hated those stripes too
Old 06-03-2008, 05:16 PM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

Better. Much better. Lot's of patience too...
Old 06-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

looks good! nice job
Old 06-03-2008, 06:32 PM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

bravo! looks awesome! 18 hours well spent...

Quick Reply: Everything Hurts Now..... and for what exactly??? My new mod, now with pics!