Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for my white 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Advice for my white 07 GT

Right now its completely stock except for the K&N air filter!!!! What mods should i do to it????? I was thinkin to lower it and get some silver stripes to start with!!
Any other suggestions???

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Advice for my white 07 GT

Sure --

Tint
Rims
CAI + Tune
CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler

just to start -- good luck and dont let the mod bug bite

What style stripes you looking at?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

CAI/tune
exhaust
Old 06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Caution

Sure --

Tint
Rims
CAI + Tune
CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler

just to start -- good luck and dont let the mod bug bite

What style stripes you looking at?
Thanks it already is tinted (dealer tint) but i need to go darker!! Gonna get 5% percent all the way around!
As far as the rims go i was thinkin about a going with black 18s to give it the aggresive look but not sure on the rims yet
and im definately going with the CAI+tune! What CAI setup give u the most horsepower gain??

Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Do you want bling, or do you want performance mods? If performance, what type? for what kind of driving or tracks?

Stripes and lowering sound more like "bling" mods.....along with hood pins, scoops, flares, etc. Yeah lowering might make some handling numbers improve, but not by much.

Performance mods might be CAI, tune, exhaust, blower, pulleys, the list is endless. What do you want to accomplish, and how much money do you want to spend. Remember, mods will not increase resale, if you are thinking that they will.....
Old 06-03-2008, 09:18 PM
pharmd2010
2nd Gear Member

Just do a little searching on the CAI and tune. Personally, I think the tune is the important part. Now of course, I wouldn't go with some off brand CAI, but I think you'll see about the same gains from most of the top brands, such as C&L, JLT, Steeda, etc. Some people will dyno higher numbers with certain CAI's than other people with the same exact setup. It's all in the tune (and conditions when it is being dynoed, of course). Just a suggestion, but in case you haven't checked yet, check your state laws on tint. 5% all around is probably not legal, and if you daily drive your car I would think twice about it. I have a white 06 and I was thinking of 15-20% on the front windows and 5 on the rest. Other than that, wheels would be a good choice too. Or exhaust. The sky is the limit. Keep us updated!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

CAI:
JLT, C&L, Steeda will all give about the same 25-30 rwhp w/ tune, JLT is cheapest very easy to install too.
also take a look at howarmats post in the sticky section at top of page, it has a bunch of very informative info about modding the s197
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

Do you want bling, or do you want performance mods? If performance, what type? for what kind of driving or tracks?

Stripes and lowering sound more like "bling" mods.....along with hood pins, scoops, flares, etc. Yeah lowering might make some handling numbers improve, but not by much.

Performance mods might be CAI, tune, exhaust, blower, pulleys, the list is endless. What do you want to accomplish, and how much money do you want to spend. Remember, mods will not increase resale, if you are thinking that they will.....
I want mainly performance but i want to look good while going fast[sm=smiley16.gif]
I just want to know what u guys think would look good and perform good and ill take it from there!!!
Thanks!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pharmd2010

Just do a little searching on the CAI and tune. Personally, I think the tune is the important part. Now of course, I wouldn't go with some off brand CAI, but I think you'll see about the same gains from most of the top brands, such as C&L, JLT, Steeda, etc. Some people will dyno higher numbers with certain CAI's than other people with the same exact setup. It's all in the tune (and conditions when it is being dynoed, of course). Just a suggestion, but in case you haven't checked yet, check your state laws on tint. 5% all around is probably not legal, and if you daily drive your car I would think twice about it. I have a white 06 and I was thinking of 15-20% on the front windows and 5 on the rest. Other than that, wheels would be a good choice too. Or exhaust. The sky is the limit. Keep us updated!
I live in nevada and i know its NOT legal but i think it would look sick! I think they allow 5% Anywhere but the driver and passenger windows which i think they allow 15%!! I think Nevada is one of the only states that allow that!!
And thanks for the advice im definately gonna search it up and ill keep updating as i mod along the way!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

well i dont think i would go with black wheels, just my opinion unless they didnt have that chrome lip...idk just not a big fan of the chrome lip as i used to be, but i just did a c&l cold air in take and bama tune and its AMAZING, so much power...exhaust to be here on thursday, and i ordered new ccfl headlights, just an option that looks pretty cool

Quick Reply: Advice for my white 07 GT