Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default Bullitt Exhausts

Anyone have experience, feedback or comments on these?

I want to get axlebacks and am considering the GTAs but wondering how these compare.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: Bullitt Exhausts

GTA's are just a tad bit louder than stock. I bet in a day you wouldn't notice the difference.

Hell, I got the Magnaflow agressive Magnapacks and after a week I could'nt tell a huge difference.
Of course others could but not me.

GTA's would be a definate no.
If you are looking for louder than stock but not too loud get the FRRP Stingers over the GTA's.

If you wanna sound REALLY mean get yourself some SLP Loudmouths or Boomtubes.

GTA's I'd say a definate no. If you are gonna get exhaust at least get something where you will hear the difference.
At least a difference worth paying for.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Interesting - I have heard clips of GTAs (on Ninosport site) and they sound much different (louder)than stock... I think the stingers would be too much for me - just looking for a bit louder/throatier than stock. That's why I am asking about the Bullitt exhausts - supposedly they are tuned to sound like the car in the Bullitt movie.

ORIGINAL: iluvmycar

GTA's are just a tad bit louder than stock. I bet in a day you wouldn't notice the difference.

Hell, I got the Magnaflow agressive Magnapacks and after a week I could'nt tell a huge difference.

If you are looking for louder than stock but not too loud get the FRRP Stingers over the GTA's.

GTA's I'd say a definate no. If you are gonna get exhaust at least get something where you will hear the difference.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: rogan01

Interesting - I have heard clips of GTAs (on Ninosport site) and they sound much different (louder)than stock... I think the stingers would be too much for me - just looking for a bit louder/throatier than stock. That's why I am asking about the Bullitt exhausts - supposedly they are tuned to sound like the car in the Bullitt movie.

well the Flowmaster Super44s are good for that
Old 06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

How are they with drone? That was another big consideration.

No feedback on the Bullitts? they are like $580 from what I saw on partscheap.com (they sell them individually there - left and right)

Thanks! - THis would be my first mod.

ORIGINAL: Joolander

ORIGINAL: rogan01

well the Flowmaster Super44s are good for that
Old 06-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Clips are'nt gonna give you an accurate example of the sound... sorry.
read the exhaust thread on here.

I wouln't put the sound clips as my final decision maker though.
Read the descriptions.
https://mustangforums.com/m_3563477/tm.htm

The GTA's sound much like stock though.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

i dont have drone, but then i have a manual and dont know how they sound on an auto
Old 06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I love my Stingers but they DO drone between 1500 and 2000 RPM. Since I have a manual, I can usuaaly deal with it. And after having them for almost 1 year, I actually don't mind it too much as I'm subconciously dealing with it by engine or vehicle speed adjustment. They are louder than the GTA's a but I don't consider them offensive until you go WOT. Then, they really growl nicely.

BTW, nobody mentioned it I don't think, but the axlebacks will only gain you noise. There'll be NO HP gain.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
ghost06
1st Gear Member

When GTA's are good and broken in they sound pretty mean, especially at WOT. Not much louder at idle. Plus there is no drone.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
htvsean1
1st Gear Member

You should just pull the trigger on some boom tubes or slp's. I was in the same situation, didn't want anything too loud. I ordered the boom tubes put them on and haven't looked back. In a week or so you get used to them and then you won't think they are loud enough. Both are louder than stock but not annoying.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Exhausts