Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT SEAT BELT WARNING SOUND

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT SEAT BELT WARNING SOUND

Sorry if I'm playin big brother for my mustang brothers out there. Honestly the military has it hardwired in me to wear seatbelts. Plus if something happens to me in an accident without a seatbelt thats a big fat "F". If I lose my life my fam wont get anything for my stupidity or in a lot of cases someone elses.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Brian76
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Sorry if I'm playin big brother for my mustang brothers out there. Honestly the military has it hardwired in me to wear seatbelts. Plus if something happens to me in an accident without a seatbelt thats a big fat "F". If I lose my life my fam wont get anything for my stupidity or in a lot of cases someone elses.
I dont think your being Big Brother at all.Your telling us why you wear it..I agree with everybody that says to wear it..It is the law in most states,but to call someone out on not wearing it,thatssomething else..That to me is acting like Big Brother,and we already have HIM...
Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

In a perfect world, everybody would either buckle up without needing reminders and making complaints - or accept any financial responsibilities involved with not doing so. I"d be fine with that, one less "please save me from myself" nanny on board. Unfortunately, we don"t live there.

And if I"m expected to subsidize somebodywho has a poor loss record with his insurance company I think that gives me enough reason to insist that he/she change any obvious behaviors that increase my cost.

Even that doesn"t begin to address the direct physical risk that I mentioned earlier. I freely admit that that is only a remote possibility, as long as everybody else agrees that the consequences when it does happen are likely to be extreme in terms of damage and/or personal injury.

Norm
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Brian76
1st Gear Member

If You think not wearing a seat belt is raising the cost of insurance,think again..It would go up no matter what.I dont care if everybody wore a seat belt,they would say its going up because of a seat belt.....How can you really prove that the rates go up because of this,you cant..They would find another reason to raise your rates.Statistics SAAAAY(again how can you prove this),that more and more people are wearing a seat belt.Have I ever gotten a call from my insurance saying my rates are going down because more people are wearing them???NOOOOOO.If you have,I bet they will find another reason to raise it again.If your basing your theory on Insurance(scam artists)..then go ahead.Insurance is ran off of "Fear".Weather it be Car or health..Norm,you seem to be a very smart person,but I see Fear in your eyes!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM
htvsean1
1st Gear Member

Big brother or no big brother you should never operate a car with outhaving your seat belt on. I was in one of those once in a life time...could never happen again type accidents were my car rolled over and if my friend and I did not have our seat belts on we would not be here to talk about it.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Just put your belt on and call it a day, noone is too cool for a belt IMO
Old 06-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian76

Its funny how nobody likes Big Brother watching them,but yet most of the replys are acting like Big Brother..He didnt ask for you to critisize and tell him what to do..He asked how to disable it..Just answer the question.What he does from there is his buisness,not yours.I personally wear mine everywhere,that doesnt meen you have to.....[:@][:@]
Really?
Well I don't know where you're from but if someone's driving on a public road it IS our business. If he kills himself we all pay the price. How much do you think it costs to do a full road closure, inspection, medical examiner services, notifying the next of kin. And I haven't even talked about the emotional cost of having someone you know or love die needlessly. I've gone through it and it is exactly what I would wish on my worse enemy.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Brian76
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Its funny how nobody likes Big Brother watching them,but yet most of the replys are acting like Big Brother..He didnt ask for you to critisize and tell him what to do..He asked how to disable it..Just answer the question.What he does from there is his buisness,not yours.I personally wear mine everywhere,that doesnt meen you have to.....[:@][:@]
Really?
Well I don't know where you're from but if someone's driving on a public road it IS our business. If he kills himself we all pay the price. How much do you think it costs to do a full road closure, inspection, medical examiner services, notifying the next of kin. And I haven't even talked about the emotional cost of having someone you know or love die needlessly. I've gone through it and it is exactly what I would wish on my worse enemy.

Just like we all pay the price because of NOSY #SS people like you,that think everything is there business..Can you change the fact that people are not wearing seat belts..NOOO...Can you make them..NOOO..So why worry about it.It is what it IS. I bet you have never gone over the speed limit.I know thats a risk,probably even more because now your putting other peoples lives in danger(more than what it already is) YOU have a mustang so dont even say NO!!The fact of the matter is, we all do stupid stuff in our lives,you have as well as me,so dont critisize other peoples Faults when we all have our OWN to deal with..

Old 06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
TJMJoe
2nd Gear Member

You know your insurance won't cover your non-seatbelt-wearing-***.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

How can you really prove that the rates go up because of this,you cant..They would find another reason to raise your rates.Statistics SAAAAY(again how can you prove this),that more and more people are wearing a seat belt.Have I ever gotten a call from my insurance saying my rates are going down because more people are wearing them???NOOOOOO.If you have,I bet they will find another reason to raise it again.If your basing your theory on Insurance(scam artists)..then go ahead.Insurance is ran off of "Fear".Weather it be Car or health..Norm,you seem to be a very smart person,but I see Fear in your eyes!!!
I know I can"t prove it without being able to get my hands on more information than the insurance industry would like me to have (and a lot better understanding of financial statements - I am after allan engineer, not a financial guy). But I"d be willing to bet thatmedical and legal costs have risen faster than seatbelt usage.And insurance company investment performance isn"t currently helping us out much.

Maybe there is a little "fear", as you call it. I"m a little further along in life than most here, have somewhat more to lose than most teens/twenty-somethings, and have fewer full-time employment years left in which to recover should a big financial loss occur. I"ve been unemployed and under-employed at times, too, and I"m only one generation removed from living through the 1930s depression. So the concept of watching the pennies and nickles has been with me my whole life and isn"t likely to go away now. That I should subsidize anybody else"s blatant irresponsibility, by however much or little,is just . . . wrong.

Let me pose a flip-side question to you. Suppose that I modify some power tool in such a way that makes it more convenient for me to use but potentially more hazardous for anybody who does not know or understand what I"ve done. Through a really freak combination of circumstances, some kid gets hurt as a result, and my homeowner"s policy has to cough up half a mil or more. Would you, as a completely separate and independent policyholder, freely agree to a rate hike if there was a line item on your bill stating what it was making up for? If the insurance company had to settle ten other cases just like it? A hundred?

Norm
edited for those damn apostrophe's

Quick Reply: Mustang GT SEAT BELT WARNING SOUND