Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opening windows with transmitter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 01:57 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Default Opening windows with transmitter?

Okay, this feature isn't working... I read in another topic that some peeps brought they're car back to the dealer to be configured for this option to work at no expense. I was hoping this can be done from home? This is page 65 from the manual and it says the Accessory Delay must be turned off, but how to disable it? No explanation...

Press and hold the unlock control on the remote entry transmitter, or turn the key toward the front of the vehicle and hold it for more than two seconds to begin to open all the windows. Pressing any button on the remote entry transmitter, or returning the key to the center position will stop all motion.

NOTE: Your vehicle must be equipped with the active anti-theft system, the ignition must be in the 1 ( OFF/LOCK ) position and the accessory delay feature must not be activated in order for this feature to operate.

Closing all windows ( if equipped )
NOTE: This operation is only available using the door key in the driver door lock cylinder.

You can close the vehicle's windows by using the door key.

Turn the key toward the back of the vehicle and hold it for more than two seconds to close all the windows. Releasing the key to the center position will stop all motion.

NOTE: Your vehicle must be equipped with the active anti-theft system, the ignition must be in the 1 ( OFF/LOCK ) position and the accessory delay feature must not be activated in order for this feature to operate.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:02 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Opening windows with transmitter?

I wrote the lead on the Topic you are talking of, I beleive.

You need to go to Dealer. They need to hook it up to the computer and turn on the "Module". Which is free, if you paid for the "Active Anti Theft" option. It would have been about $225.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:05 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Crap, I was just at the dealer yesterday. Looks like another trip.....

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-28-2005, 01:22 PM
05vert
1st Gear Member

I plan on having this done soon too, at the dealer. Here's my question...I have put a custom tune on my car with my diablo....will this cause any problems?? I assume the dealership will need to get into the computer to turn on the window feature? Has anyone done this....I'd rather not go back to the stock tune if I don't have to.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Well, this kind of sucks...

I just called the local dealer about this function, and after being tossed around on the phone, the third person I talked to confirmed that I must bring the car in for them to program it. However, he said if I go to the dealer that I bought the car from (which is about an hour away from me), they will do it for free, but my local dealer will charge me $85. My local dealer is like 5 minutes away. I thought that was kind of crappy, especially since I wasn't aware of this when I bought the car. I guess I'll wait till I happen to be in that area...
Old 04-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Alright, after reading all this I just had to go out in the garage and try it. The first time I pressed and held the Unlock button, nothing happened. So I put the key in the lock and turned and held it. The windows went down. Turned the key the other way and they went back up. So I tried to press and hold the unlock button again, and this time, the windows went down. Thats the way the car came. I never went to the dealer to have this feature turned On. Kinda slick tho. And I like the way the window switches work, too. You dont have to have them go Auto down. Its all in how much you move the buttons. Pretty high tech car, really.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:00 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yes i have had to push the botton twice also. the feature has been discontinued so if you do have the AAT you should turn it on soon they may not turn it on any more. also it should not effect your tune as when my friend enabled mine he had to go to a certain place in the module to do it
Old 07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

my car was built before march , doesnt do it, Im still trying to turn off the acc delay
Old 07-05-2007, 08:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The problem with this is that many people have come out and found the windows down. That is why is was discontinued. I dont know how many people had this happen but enough for Ford to stop using the funtion.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

That's an awesome feature. Wish I could get it installed *without* the active security

Quick Reply: Opening windows with transmitter?