Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys, im sorry please dont be mad.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: guys, im sorry please dont be mad.

If a cop starts to stare I usually just stare back. They dont normally do anything about it unless I flip them off at the same time(which I have done in the past). You could always politely ask when they are gonna go find and fight some real crime?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

I'm using brushed interior stuff. PM me what you're gonna get rid of.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: brendend

yea i hear that marty. happens almost everyday. but like someone else said i did it to myself. im going to be putting up my plenum cover, and some brushed interior peices for sale sortly.
Help me here...
You really think that you won't get any tickets in the bimmer?[&:]
I mean, I'd get nailed with a Corolla as well.

Don't act on impulse, think it through.

Best luck with either choices.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:38 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

well good luck with ur decision i kno what u mean about cops man...i had one get me Easter morning for no front tag and coming home from Carlisle last night every single cop i saw did a double take and watched me go all the way by...Lots of attention but i think ill pay that price...I love ur car man make sure thats what u wanna do b4 its gone
Old 06-08-2008, 02:50 PM
rcaponong
1st Gear Member

Back in the early 70's my Dad had a '66 Mustang that he wound up trading in. I think if he could do it all over again he would have kept it.

I know you are still a young kid and probably don't look more than a few months into the future, but imagine yourself 20 years from now when the S197 has long been out of production. How cool will it be to be driving it around town!

As for the BMW, that is a sweet ride. I prefer the slightly bigger 335i, and if I can find a way to swing it financially, I would love to add that to my stable.

And finally, the police are our friends! The only people who should be afraid of them are the ones that are breaking the law.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:51 PM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

ive made up my mind. i cant take the attention or the ticketsim getting from the mustang anymore.

Can we ask what you are getting tickets for or being pulled over for? It might not be the car but could be you or the way you drive? (no offence intented) I know my stang gets attention from the cops. When they are shooting laser in my area my detector goes of 4 or 5 times as they keep shooting me till I pass them. I also get the follow me and pace me on the highway as well. If you are doing nothing wrong they have no reason to ticket or stop you. If it's your driving style or the police have your number then it won't matter if it's a stang or the beemer, they have you marked. Again don't take this as trying to bash you or anything. Just think about it and ask yourself..... is it really all because of the stang?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:58 PM
07_427R
2nd Gear Member

Getting attention is one thing and there's nothing illegal about that. We all run into that with these cars. Breaking the law and getting tickets is more a personal issue and switching cars won't change that unless you're more apt to drive within the 'limits of the law' with a different car. In that case you are making a good choice. Otherwise driving style doesn't change and carries over with any car you drive. Remember it's not the car that gets the tickets for 'unlawful driving', its the driver. "Live and Learn". Good luck with whatever move you make.[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-08-2008, 03:10 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07_427R

Getting attention is one thing and there's nothing illegal about that. We all run into that with these cars. Breaking the law and getting tickets is more a personal issue and switching cars won't change that unless you're more apt to drive within the 'limits of the law' with a different car. In that case you are making a good choice. Otherwise driving style doesn't change and carries over with any car you drive. Remember it's not the car that gets the tickets for 'unlawful driving', its the driver. "Live and Learn". Good luck with whatever move you make.[sm=smiley20.gif]
I disagree completely. I beg and beg the damn thing to stay under the speed limit but it just won't listen! Anyone elses car have this badattitude?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:11 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i kno mine does...just never listens
Old 06-08-2008, 03:17 PM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

Yea mine has a bad one too. But remember I'm the boss not it. If it's too bad and won't listen I just make it stay in the garage for a week!

Quick Reply: guys, im sorry please dont be mad.