Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Best Tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
DarkCandy08GT
1st Gear Member

Default Who has the Best Tunes?

Finally getting my car back after a week in the shop repairing factory ripples in the bumpers. Had it a week and it had to go back. Ready to do some mods. Who does the best job with tunes? Brenspeed, VMP, Bamachips ?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:12 PM
RedStang06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Who has the Best Tunes?

ORIGINAL: DarkCandy08GT

Finally getting my car back after a week in the shop repairing factory ripples in the bumpers. Had it a week and it had to go back. Ready to do some mods. Who does the best job with tunes? Brenspeed, VMP, Bamachips ?
All 3 of those would be fine choices.

Is your car NA?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
DarkCandy08GT
1st Gear Member

Yes it is. It is completely stock right now.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
RedStang06
2nd Gear Member

A canned tune included with either SCT or Diablosport tuners are pretty good and will cost you less money.

If my car was completely stock and I didn't have any immediate plans for engine mods then I'd shop for a used SCT or Diablosport.

But that's just me.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
imnotmy77stang
2nd Gear Member

i started a thread about this a month or two ago and after pages and pages of peoples input the verdict was bren, bama, vmp all have great tunes and great customer service.

the only bad thing i heard about anyone was

brenspeed might take a bit to get back with you if you call / email
vmp tunes make the tranny "clunk" sometimes when the converter is unlocking while slowing down (automatics only)

i could find no fault with bama, and he has a 3 pack of tunes for 115.00 which was cheaper than everyone else. i went with his 87 perf, 89 torq, 93 torq, and he threw in a 93 perf for free!!!!! i have been running the 87 perf due to gas prices and in extremely happy with it.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: RedStang06

A canned tune included with either SCT or Diablosport tuners are pretty good and will cost you less money.

If my car was completely stock and I didn't have any immediate plans for engine mods then I'd shop for a used SCT or Diablosport.

But that's just me.
Not true at all. If you buy the tuner from Brenspeed Bama or VMP the cost of the tunes is free basically as they sell the tuner for the same cost as any other SCT or diablo dealer does but they have the tunes loaded on there for you
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed has always gotten back to e right away as well as a number of other member on this and other forums. It was months ago but Bama was the tuner who actually had trouble with that.

As far as buying a usedhandheld and canned tunes do as you wish but remember when you want a real tune you end up spending more. Brenspeed,Bama, and VMP all have SCT's for around 380 with 3 tunes included. Also I wish I could have a penny for every thread I saw where people have had issue's trying to use preowned handheld. You cant go wrong with any of the above listed tuners
Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

i picked up a used. xcal 2 for 150 and then boughtone tune from bamachips for $50. 93 Race tune. big difference!!!! Best 200 dollars on the car other than the 150 hurst short throw shifter.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:49 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rcj2000

i picked up a used. xcal 2 for 150 and then boughtone tune from bamachips for $50. 93 Race tune. big difference!!!! Best 200 dollars on the car other than the 150 hurst short throw shifter.
That's what I did, I bought my Diablosport Predator used then bought a single race tune from Bamachips.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the three mentioned. I went Bama. Ordered and on the way, anxiously awaiting arrival.

Quick Reply: Who has the Best Tunes?