Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird question - Baby seats and S197's

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Default Weird question - Baby seats and S197's

I wasn't sure on the best place to post this, so if it's the wrong section, I'm sure it'll get moved.

Anyway, I was informed about a month back that my girlfriend and I were expecting our first kid. Have any of you had any expierence with putting baby seats in the back of the Stang?

As much as I love my car, and the soon mods that are going to be added, I'd hate tosell it for a minivan - those aren't nearly as cool.

The way I see it now, I can just put the top down, place the baby in, then put the top back up.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Weird question - Baby seats and S197's

no problems at all ... it'll fit
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Good to know, thanks bud
Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Why is it that I always hear about people always wanting to get rid of their Mustangs because of kids? (not you boochy, congrats BTW). Everyone always thinks you need an SUV or a mini-van. When I was little, my dad had a Camaro and then a Trans Am. We (my brother and I) fit in the back seat fine!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

I remeber loving going for rides in my ole man's '66 Stingray, no baby seats, no booster seats, just lay low or ya hit your head on the domed back window............I loved every minute of it
Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Well, I didn't want to sell the car, but my girlfriend just wants to make sure we'll have enough room for the kid. Seems like everything will be alright though.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boochy

I wasn't sure on the best place to post this, so if it's the wrong section, I'm sure it'll get moved.

Anyway, I was informed about a month back that my girlfriend and I were expecting our first kid. Have any of you had any expierence with putting baby seats in the back of the Stang?

As much as I love my car, and the soon mods that are going to be added, I'd hate tosell it for a minivan - those aren't nearly as cool.

The way I see it now, I can just put the top down, place the baby in, then put the top back up.

I'm not sure how the vert changes it, except not as much room in the trunk...but I have 2 kid seats in the back of mine right now.

We have my wife's car for most family outings...but every once in a while we take the mustang. No problem putting kids in the back except when they're little...because they have to face backward....so I hope you or your girl are short so you can scoot up a bit. But it will work.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Good to hear. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

I have a 3 year old and a 1 month old. They fit fine with the car seats, but I do have to move my seat up to an uncomfortable level. I'm 5'9", and I do have to keep the seat more upright which then makes me feel like my head is pointing forward because of the headrest angle.

Most times, we take my wife's Mountaineer if we are going somewhere, because with the seats more upright in the Mustang, the headrest pushes on her ponytail.

I agree it's funny when people start talking minivan with just one child. When I came back to workafter my 1 month old son was born, the guys took my Mustang pictures down from my office walls and put up pictures from a Chrysler minivan brochure. I joked back that I looked into getting one, but they didn't have any white ones with blue racing stripes.

I do think a minivan would look cool if it was lowered and had some nice rims. Google '08 Dodge Caravan R/T that van's a rockin'!!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

Boochy congrats! my wife and I are expecting our second child early next year. My first son was born in 10-06 a year and a half after i got my mustang. At first my wife said we needed another car, but the car seat fit perfect behind her seat . She's only 5'1". Now my son is almost 2, he LOVES the mustang. Every time i take him outside, he walks to the mustang and says "Vroom!". He cries when I have to take the Honda. lol. You will have lots of fun with your new baby in the mustang. My son smiles ear to ear when I accelerate fast on an open road! but don't take me wrong...i'm very careful with him in the car. and besides...there's nothing better than pulling up at the playground in your shinny mustang with your little kid hopping out the back seat. lol.

Quick Reply: Weird question - Baby seats and S197's