Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there any way you can get my color ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is there any way you can get my color ?

I asked my service guy, he said they have to completely change the computer and a bunch of stuff under the dash... told me it was definitely not worth it...
Old 06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
daliab

Ordered my 6 cluster instrument panel and switch from Ed Olsen from Parr Ford. Although the 6 cluster cames with "mycolor", I was more interested in the 2 additional guages and message center.
Received the instrument panel within 5 days of ordering date, installed in about 15 minutes, sent core back the next day and two days later was credited for the core charge.
Although I did get a tire sensor failure (expected as my GT doesn't have tire sensors installed), a quick trip to the dealership and a "as built" reprogram (cost 1 hour labor) and I was a happy camper.
Ordering from Ed, installing the cluster was painless.

http://www.parrauto.com/

I've had the 6 cluster instrument panel installed since December and never is a day that goes by that I don't use all of the guages and message center.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: daliab

Ordered my 6 cluster instrument panel and switch from Ed Olsen from Parr Ford. Although the 6 cluster cames with "mycolor", I was more interested in the 2 additional guages and message center.
Received the instrument panel within 5 days of ordering date, installed in about 15 minutes, sent core back the next day and two days later was credited for the core charge.
Although I did get a tire sensor failure (expected as my GT doesn't have tire sensors installed), a quick trip to the dealership and a "as built" reprogram (cost 1 hour labor) and I was a happy camper.
Ordering from Ed, installing the cluster was painless.

http://www.parrauto.com/

I've had the 6 cluster instrument panel installed since December and never is a day that goes by that I don't use all of the guages and message center.
Thank you someone who actually knows what they are talking about!

i did the same long long ago. Cost was 300 in parts with the cluster exchange but i never even had to go to the dealer to have it reprogrammed. I just put it it in in about 20 minutes and was good to go.

In total 300ish in parts and maybe 1 hour labor.....well worth it IMO
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

So do you have to pull the entire dash and wire it up or what exactly is involved? And you guys got everything with it... the message center and mycolor, all that?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
daliab

FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT!
Above the radio is a plug that looks like three switches would go there. Pop out the blank and if there is an electrical connection connected to the back of th plug, your able to load the My Color instr panel on. Teh
All you do is grab your clear plastic cover over the speedo/tach from between the stearing wheel (bottom right and bottom left) and pull. I comes right off. Unscrew 4 strews and release the quick connect put in the new instrument panel and screw it back up and put the plastic cover over the new panel. Incluided with the instrument panel is a gang of three switches. You take the connection wire mentioned above and plug it into the switches and pop it back into the hole. If your year mustang comes with tire sensors, you won't have to worry about an error coming up. If it doesn't have tire sensors, you will have to take to the nearest ford dealership and have them put in a "as build" load into the cars computer. Cost about 1 hr of labor.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

What if it doesn't have the plugs behind the blanks, no can do? I haven't checked but I will when I get to my car after work... so the new panel comes with all the LED's for the different colors and all that jazz... basically just a plug-n-play setup???
Old 06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

yes, it basically plug-n-play. The whole install should take you 30mins.
I didn't have to get my computer reprogramed even though I don't have the tire sensors.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
daliab

No electrical cable behind the dumby switches.... no can upgrade. When I first looked into this I believe 06's and above had the cable behind the dumby switch. You'll have to pry off the dumby switch and see. Let us know what you find.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:08 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

So, do V6's not have the harness but GT's do? My neighbor wants to do her car after seeing mine, which came withit new.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

all 06s have it, at least GTs, most 05 also do but there was a small time when they were not allowed to put my color in due a lawsuit, so all cars produced for a couple months in 05 might not have the wiring

Quick Reply: is there any way you can get my color ?