Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thrown in the towel with regards to the Radio and Heater

Old 04-29-2005, 03:28 AM
dRiBz
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Thrown in the towel with regards to the Radio and Heater

but your shaker problem sucks tho.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:38 AM
stanglife1

I feel your pain. My baby is in the shop. I am only dealing with backlight on new after market radio. However, the tech. is clueless. I don't understand how almost all Mustangs are having the same problem and some are getting fixed yet, the tech's are not sharing the info. I should mention Ford arranged the after market radio installation. So, they should have know what to do before they removed my old one!!!!

My tech is supposed to call another dealership today to talk to another tech. that has fixed this problem on TB1320's car. (thanks for the help)

I have not even started the heater issue. If they can fix my brakes and the radio I can deal untill they start recalling.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:12 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Redfire

CRAP! Im about to have Shaker #2 put in. Sounds like a waste of time now. I havent even tried a cd in it. Its problem is that when ya turn on the headlites, its supposed to dim the display down, but doesnt. Since i have 3 years of warrantee for them to *** up with a good unit, I think if the lites work right on #2, I'll live with it for a year or so and maybe they will have a decent unit out by then. As for Ford doin weird design things, Ive seen em do that all my life.
The software problem causes your buttons on the radio not to light up with the lights on. I didn't pay attention to the dimming of the display. Also my tech did have dificulty installing the software. I picked the car up on a Friday so I could put some miles on the engine and then braught it back the next Monday so he could finish up the software install. It works great now.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:12 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Sorry for the double post. It had a brain fart when I hit send and I wasn't sure if it sent.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 PM
stanglife1

Good news!!! They fixed my radio. According to the Tech. they are having trouble getting the radio's to accept the software. This ending up being a day and half job.

Bad news!!! They have had a high demand for the brake pads and rotors and they are on back order for several days.

Don't give up we (me too) have to try to patient during Ford's learning curve.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:31 PM
dusty1
1st Gear Member

According to the TSB, the dealer is supposed to download the software from the old radio before installing the new one, then reinstall the software. If they don't, they have to download the software from Ford. It's much quicker if they would just read the TSB procedures, (assuming they didn't do that) IMHO.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

STANGLIFE...

Who needs brakes anyway! We just want them to GOOOOooooo... we don't care about stopping! HAHA
Old 04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
BadHenry

I too can feel your pain after 4 Shakers. Our GT was built 4/9 and we have not had a problem with the Shaker 500. It has played every CD we have put in it. From home made to bought ones, even a scratched up old one with over 100 MP3 on it. Not a skip, not a bad disk yet, they all play.
But we did notice when the heater is to the floor it is still coming out the defroster. Since reading on the forum of the problem and no fixes yet we will wait till there is a fix to take it in for service. Sad to think what your service manager was told to tell customers that the heater was supposed to blow like that. Like you I would much rather have been told they don't have a fix for it yet.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

WOw... dont tell anyone this... But that red GT ^^^ is the ONLY!! 05 GT i have ever seen that make me happy in my pants!!!! Looks great man!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:10 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Well after reading all of this I decided to go investigate mine. I guess I got lucky on radio - CD player seems fine and the backlights work. But I got the Heater/Defroster bug [>:] But I don't plan on driving in rain, snow, etc so it shouldn't affect me - and I d*mn sure am not taking it the dealer to let them rip the dash out and risk more interior scratches like the last time it was in [:@].

Just thought I'd see if my problem was consistent with everyone elses - when the heater selector is anywhere on the right side of the OFF position, the defroster is always open - but more so when on DEF only. When the selector is anywhere to the left of the OFF position, the defroster is closed so I guess my problem is only 50% - not bad I recon. But I also noticed there is only one defroster opening in the center of the dash, not all along the def vents - so most of the def is coming out of the center of the windsheild and not spread very well. Is this also typical of your alls problems, or are there other def openings that are staying closed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thrown in the towel with regards to the Radio and Heater