Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out my new show mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: check out my new show mod

thanks for those links. think ill order a set of those and see which look best... I only spent 15 min on this pic.. they have 3m tape on the back and I just slapped it on the mesh for the pic.. today after work I'm gonna put them up better and run the wires through the underside...

I really want to get a kit that lights up the way the actual car does.. think by this time next week ill have them on the car but I really want this on for the show tomorrow along with my issue of 5.0 mustangs and a model car for now.
the hood is the same one on my sig.. trufiber gtsIII but I just got the gt500 bumper last week. thanks for all your help so far with the ideas guys. ill be using a few of them soon!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 AM
str8wick3d
3rd Gear Member

make sure to keep us updated
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 AM
JJSoCrazy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikeysGT

hey guys, this is a work in progress i just thought about after seeing the cover of the new 5.0 magazine... just a show mod but i think i gained about 15 hp from it so far... once it's finished up and i drill a little hole through the bottom of the hood and run the wires to the battery with a switch i should gain 5 more hp... got them from autozone.... what do you guys think...

I hate you! LOL J/K. I was planning on doing that when I get my stang since I am a HUGE Knight Rider fan. Although you don't have the exact hood, it still looks good.

Joe
Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

looks good dude! i have the same 2 LED strips under my dash....theyre wired up with the headlight switch so when i turn on my headlights they come on and light up the floorboard. they also work with the dimmer too
Old 06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

haha sorry man..but I had to! my buddies dad has been calling me knight rider for about 2yrs cause I'm always out at night and would party a lot... me and my buddy were laughing when we saw the previews to the knight rider movie! we told his dad and he said I should do my car lke kitt... haha he's always saying things like 'here comes knight rider' everytime I pull up. so there was a lot more to the knight rider thing than just cause of the movie... my license plate will soon read niterdr if it hasn't been taken...

any ideas for me for show presentation props tomorrow?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Very nice. just don't drive in cali with them
Old 06-13-2008, 12:19 PM
starman
2nd Gear Member

Very Nice...What kind of hood is that?

If it is a show mod only, leave the LEDs bright.........
Old 06-13-2008, 12:23 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

I'm leaving the lights on all the time just not turning them on except for shows and sometimes at night.. haha I live in cali so I have to watch out... ill work on them some more today when I get off work and post some more pics and video... gonna order a better set of lights later too...
Old 06-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

If you can get behind the mesh, I might suggest mounting them to the inside top of the hood scoop. That should 1) Keep them from resitricting your airflow. And 2) hopefully diffuse the light a little more, so the individual LEDs aren't as easily recognizable. Unless of course that's what you're going for.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:16 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

that's kind of hard since the mesh is there.. thought about taking it out but still thinking about it...

Quick Reply: check out my new show mod