Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****ing Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:07 PM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ****ing Hit and Run

They estimated close to $900 with parts and labor.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: maniacmikey

ORIGINAL: jrsyedb

[/b]I know how you feel, believe me.

I just bought my Mustang about 2 months ago and last week some a**hole clipped me in the front, causing dents and scratches on my left fender and front bumper. My car is in the shop right now getting fixed, they have to replace my left fender, repaint my front bumper and also repaint the driver side door (they mentioned that this is recommended so that the paint blends well, being that I have a Metallic paint job on the car). I took the car to the same Ford dealership I bought it from. I am going through the a**hole insurance, but it is still a hassle and depressing. My only concern is that the new paint job won't blend well with the rest of the car (even though they assured me it will because my paint job is still fresh and new). Has anyone had any body work done to their new car, similiar to mines? if so, does the car look the same? Also, has anyone had any body part repainted and does the new paint job blend well with the rest of the car? I get my car back on Tuesday (hopefully) andI hope and pray that it looks the same. Wish me luck

I hope it works out for you as well, I wish people paid more attention when they are driving and parking.[/b]

I got hit buy a pizza driver last year and they had to replace the front clip the hood and drivers fender. Body shop had to blend the paint into doors on both sides. car looks perfect now. cost was just shy of 6k.

Really, well you just gave me a little relief and some hope,I dohope my car turns out looking perfect as yours did. 6k for damages, wow must have been some work that guy did to your car.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
firstb

Man the same type of thing happened to my gt, the third day I had it. Some scum backed into me at a stoplight and then took off. I got his plate number and called the cops (instead of chasing him down) and when the cop showed up he said that how is he not sure that I just didthe damage to my car myself and just grab a plate number off a random car. My car had 43 miles on it, man was I pissed. I went to the dealership that I bought it from to get a quote to fix it and they actually fixed the front bumper for free! Next time I will run that scum down and make sure he is not going anywhere.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

Because I am not totaly trusting of the State Farm rep's estimate I went to the Ford dealership after work for an estimate. They quoted me roughly $1100 to fix it. Thats replacing/painting the fender, new turn signal, and repainting my bumper. I was pretty surprised/sad that my bumper did not need to be replaced. Guess no upgrade this time! But I was wondering, if State Farm's estimate is higher, do just get to keep the additonal money?

Scott
Old 06-18-2008, 06:04 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: maniacmikey

[/b]I know how you feel, believe me.

I just bought my Mustang about 2 months ago and last week some a**hole clipped me in the front, causing dents and scratches on my left fender and front bumper. My car is in the shop right now getting fixed, they have to replace my left fender, repaint my front bumper and also repaint the driver side door (they mentioned that this is recommended so that the paint blends well, being that I have a Metallic paint job on the car). I took the car to the same Ford dealership I bought it from. I am going through the a**hole insurance, but it is still a hassle and depressing. My only concern is that the new paint job won't blend well with the rest of the car (even though they assured me it will because my paint job is still fresh and new). Has anyone had any body work done to their new car, similiar to mines? if so, does the car look the same? Also, has anyone had any body part repainted and does the new paint job blend well with the rest of the car? I get my car back on Tuesday (hopefully) andI hope and pray that it looks the same. Wish me luck

I hope it works out for you as well, I wish people paid more attention when they are driving and parking.[/b]

I got hit buy a pizza driver last year and they had to replace the front clip the hood and drivers fender. Body shop had to blend the paint into doors on both sides. car looks perfect now. cost was just shy of 6k.

Really, well you just gave me a little relief and some hope,I dohope my car turns out looking perfect as yours did. 6k for damages, wow must have been some work that guy did to your car.

I was moving at the time and the driver ran a red light. Hit me at 30 or so. Car drove fine but after the body shop tore into it they found the radiator support fram was bent. It was in the shop for two and a half weeks. I was luck to only have a 300 dollar deduct which my insurance company refunded. The company he worked for would not even talk to me about the accident and his insurance refused to pay. Next time I get in an accident I am going to find the biggest scumbag lawyer I can find.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:16 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

sorry to hear! seems to happen all too often...

Did you get a chance to look at the tapes yet? Good luck finding the scum bag.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I had some A**Clown flip his a cigar over the back of his car while driving his convertible SEBRING and it landed *PLOP* right on my windshield and rolled down onto the plastic piece between my hood and windshield. I got out of my car and calmly removed it before it did any damage. We had just finished merging into the turning lane when this happened.....and he just tossed it with his right hand. .....straight over his trunk and onto me.....not a care in the world. As we turned into the shopping complex (strip-Mall) I was still right behind him and I parked next to him....... He entered a Circuit City.....I entered the PetCO right next door.......(smiling)

I hope he smells the dozen goldfish I bought.........and slipped into the vents of his convertible Sebring. He probably needs the top down on his car a LOT more during these warm summer days.

"it's not vandalism!......he gave me a cigar.......so I thanked him with goldfish!.......and really? who doesn't like goldfish?"

Old 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedstang06

sorry to hear! seems to happen all too often...

Did you get a chance to look at the tapes yet? Good luck finding the scum bag.
Did not get to see the tapes yet, hopefully tomorow.

The ford dealership said I could drop my car off this Monday and would have it back on Wednesday. Hopefully they don't find anything else when the pull it apart.

Any thoughts on the insurance payment? Supposedly the State Farm estimater is going to look over my car a basically write me a check to take it to where-ever I want. If they give a higher amount that what the dealership quoted me what about that extra amount??

Scott
Old 06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

I heard about someone who came back to his parked car and found a door caved in. He felt some relief when he saw a note on the windshield. When he read the note he didn't know whether to laugh or to cry:

"The people who are watching me write this note probably think I am leaving you my name and phone number."
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

musicheadt a friend of mine had some douchebag toss a lit cigarette butt out his car and it landed right on his windshield too. Rolled right down and didn't do any damage luckily.

People are such slobs.

Quick Reply: ****ing Hit and Run