Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****ing Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:34 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

Default ****ing Hit and Run

Today some piece of **** did a hit and run on my car while I was at work. They scrapped and dented my bumper, broke my parking light, scrapped and dented my fender and possibly threw off the alignment of my hood. I ****ing hate people that lack even the minimum amount of integrity to do **** like this and just leave. Luckly my work has cameras on the parking lot. Hope fully I can catch this mother****er. I know their car is white by the ****ing paint left on my car.

Scott
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ****ing Hit and Run

It amazes me how often **** like that happens. I was riding in a friends Tahoe when some dumbass woman clipped the side of the car and messed up the fender pretty good. She tried to run off but fortunately the person I was riding with was trained in a higher form of driving, pulled a J-turn and chased her down.

Sorry to hear about your car though. Hopefully not too many visitors visit the parking lot you park in. That woul make it a little easier to just find a white car that mysteriously picked up some black.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

damn dude... i feel your pain! that **** happened to my camaro a long time ago
Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear it scoots, hope the stang
gets fixed up soon
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

All I know is that my insurance better not go up because of this ****! I am thinking this will probably like $1500 worth of damage. I will need new bumper, fender plus paint and the parking light.

Perhaps this would be a good time to upgrade the front facia, thinking Cal Special or Roush.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Dam that sucks, hope they dont give the the run around. Oh and yes you might as well upgrade
Old 06-18-2008, 02:34 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Happened to me the second week I had the car. I even saw it coming. I knew I shouldn't have left my car near that blue RAV4, and when I come back what do I find? Blue paint and no more RAV4. [:@]
Old 06-18-2008, 04:22 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

My RAV4 story
I was driving a van
Parked it in non busy small parking lot
Next to a white RAV4
I come back to see a nice foot long key mark in my passenger door and no more RAV4
Old 06-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Chillwolf

Sorry to hear that happened.

A friend of mine watched as a guy backed into his truck in a Walmart parking lot then speed away, bad luck for the hit and runner because my friend is a local cop and after one phone call the guy was nabbed by a police cruiser a few stop lights up. No insurance, no job, but at least they caught the guy.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 AM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

Just a little FYI for everyone. I usually park way out by myself but for the few times I can not do this here is a few steps that might help in the future. When I park between two car or another, I take a picture of the car next to mine along with one of his plate. Most everyone these days has a cell phone and most can time stamp the picture. This way if something happens, you can at least have some info to give the police when they are called.

I have never had to do this but a co-worker of mine does this and when the lady side-swiped his Madza 3 at work, the police tracked her down and guess what, his paint was all over the front bumper. She has since lost her license for leaving the scene and my buddies insurance has not gone up because they had someone to go after.

This maybe a bit extreme but with how we all car about our rides, what is a few minutes when you get out?

Quick Reply: ****ing Hit and Run