Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has better HID kits? (tried search)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Who has better HID kits? (tried search)

I have the 6K dual. Get the Stangmod HID's bixenon kits they have the new slim line ballast that you can tuck away and be hidden I'm sure they cost a little more but they are good quality and a have a 3yr warranty. I added some pictures they are no the best but you get the idea these are the 6K Bixenon Stangmod HID's

Old 06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
sp44
2nd Gear Member

yep can't beat the warranty
Old 06-20-2008, 03:47 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Retro-Solutions hasa LIFETIME warranty i believe...

Yea they had they had the forumspecial right after I ordered mine so I wasnt too happy with that LOL take advantage of it

HIDs are REALLY tough to get a decent pic of so, believe me, they are way more awesome in person
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

what's the difference between these aftermarket HIDs and the Ford/Saleen OEM ones (besides the price)? i see on the aftermaket ones it doesn't have the break off thingy in the center like the Ford/Saleen ones.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

Hello All, thanks for all the responses from our happy DIGITAL brand HID customers!

Yes it is true, our DIGITAL brand HID kits are a LIFETIME WARRANTY product. Not to mention we have the best ballasts in the market, with an ultra-lowfailure rate of less than 0.053% (with the product out there is use for over a year now!) That alone says a lot for a market where the product can be as high as 10% failure right out of the box!

Customer service is our number one priority, I think it shows up in our 100% positive E-bay feedback which is almost unheard of, our 4.9/5 stars in Google Merchants, and just the "word" of our DIGITAL brand spreading from through family and friends of pleased customers. As a business owner you wouldsimply be amazed how many positive people are out there that are flabergasted by receiving actual quality, fast shipping, great customer service after dealing what seems to be bad experiences and bottom line thinking everywhere else. Why is customer service so important to us as well?A happy customer is our best advertsing <- its a no brainer!

SLIM ballasts may be an attractive feature for some people, but what do you really get with that? The foot print is really not that much smaller especially considering the stiff wires the el cheapo ones come with,isyour space requirement not going to accomondate a 1/2" more of height?
We have SLIM ballastsavailable on the 55w kits for MustangForums members as well, but not the same el cheapo ones everyone else is using. Nope, these are the same ballasts as the regular 55w DIGITAL line upjust with an external ignitor and all surface mount techonology. They also do not cost you anymore, same low price, same quality, and a bonus feature of their super quiet operation. Just ask us for them in place of the regular ballasts and when they are in stock they are a free substitution.

https://mustangforums.com/m_5128819/tm.htm

We also have Mustang Wilwood brake kits and components available at really great prices. Please feel free to ask us about those too.

Feel free to contact us at anytime, sales@retro-solutions.com
Old 06-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr.Bape

what's the difference between these aftermarket HIDs and the Ford/Saleen OEM ones (besides the price)? i see on the aftermaket ones it doesn't have the break off thingy in the center like the Ford/Saleen ones.
????????
Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Whats a good K number if you dont want any blue......I heard 8k has a slight touch of blue in the light.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

what blub type am i looking for for my 06 gt??
Old 06-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

and whats the diff between the 55w and the 35w?? are the 55w's brighter or something??
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

Whats a good K number if you dont want any blue......I heard 8k has a slight touch of blue in the light.
4300k is OEM what you see on factory equipped vehicles, 5000k is our purest white color. 6000k has a slight hue of blue, very slight, just a softer light, and 8000k has a good blue hue to it.

Quick Reply: Who has better HID kits? (tried search)