Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoJack or Mobile Guardian?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:47 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default LoJack or Mobile Guardian?

I have a choice of LoJack or Mobile Guardian for my new Stang. We're all familiar with LoJack, but the Mobile Guardian system offers some unique features (such as web-based GPS tracking). Have any of you used Mobile Guardian? I'm looking for opinions on both systems -- good or bad. I have to make a decision by tomorrow (Monday, 5/2).

Here are a couple links for reference:

www.mymobileguardian.com

www.lojack.com

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:04 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: LoJack or Mobile Guardian?

For what its worth, I would say the Lojack.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:35 PM
dRiBz
2nd Gear Member

Mobile Guardian could have better things so that you can get involved, but what if they go out of busness? Then your screwed.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:44 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dRiBz

Mobile Guardian could have better things so that you can get involved, but what if they go out of busness? Then your screwed.
Good point.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

I agree with dRiBz. LoJack has been around for a while, and doesn't look to be going out of buisiness anytime soon, so they may be your better bet for long time service.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Earl
1st Gear Member

I don't know anything about Mobile Guardian - never heard of them. I do have Lojack in my GT though. It would be my recommendation. It is the only system that the Police have in their cars and the only one I'd trust in the long term.

Earl
Old 05-04-2005, 06:01 AM
Qship

Lojack isn't all that great. First it isn't activated until you find the car missing, by then it could already be a stripped hulk. I have friends who have Telatrack (sp) it is part of the alarm and notifies a there security company and they track it, they will call and tell you that your car is moving and the alarm has been set off. They will call the appropiate police agency where the car is, quite possible catching the low life thiefs and get the car before it is stripped. TeleTrack uses Loran C which is the old system for locating down aircraft, they will tell you at anytime where your car is within a few feet. Lojack is a joke! Teletrack will talk to the police direct and give address and street location, instead of the LoJack blindmans bluff directional finder.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

The down side to Lojack is the fact that not every police car has the device. I work for Houston PD and i would guess only 10-20 % of the cars have the receivers. Couple that with the fact that not all of the cars are out there all the time. If my police car is a Lojack unit and I dont work that day it sits in the parking lot. On top of that you have to be in a certain range for the receiver to pickup. It is a decent system that I have seen work first hand but it needs to be improved on IMHO. A system like Onstar gives exact locations within about 20 seconds. They communicate directly with our dispatch and tell us exactly where the car is going within the hundred block of the street. Takes alot of the guesswork out of it when officers are trying to get there quick. Lojack just beepsand has a directional arrow in the general direction of the stolen car. I know Onstar is a GM partnered product but I am sure the other service providers mentioned have similar features.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:49 PM
SandBox

Two family members have Lojack and have been quite happy with them and their reduction in insurance payments
Old 05-04-2005, 03:29 PM
raddroxx
1st Gear Member

I have Mobile Gaurdian. Works awesome. Plus I can track it 24/7 and can disable the vehicle if it is stolen. Here is a current pic of tracking online.

https://12.36.158.244/mapimages/4554...1%3A24%3A40+PM

Quick Reply: LoJack or Mobile Guardian?