Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Grille Installed....need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
08stang81

Default Billet Grille Installed....need opinions

I just got this new billtet grille installed....ordered it from Mr. Body Kit out of Vancouver. I dont know if i like it, considering the car is black and I have 20x10 bullit rims on the way also in Black! I don't know if flows with the car....opinions PLEASE!!

Before and after pics....it was also recycling day where i live so i got a good shot of the bins! I figure since i recycle i got the rite to drive a gas guzzler! :-)
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: Billet Grille Installed....need opinions

Pics are kinda small so it would help if you can enlarge them, BUT, having seen them in person on other Stangs (including black), I don't like 'em. When I first saw them in pics I thought they were ok (not great), but then when I finally saw one in person, I thought they bordered on being a little ghetto-ish (something you'd see on a blinged out car). That analogy may be a little over-the-top, but I hope you know what I mean. Again though, can't see much to tell for sure how it looks on your car, but at first glance, I'm pretty sure I don't like it....especially cuz you have stripes.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Personally I find those overlay grills a bit cheap/cheesy. I know it's a lot more money but the CDC billet is far superior. What about the Bullit grill ? Another option and one which would tie in with your theme?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Paint it black.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:03 AM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

That doesn't look like it belongs, dude
Old 06-21-2008, 01:11 AM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Would look better black; imo.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

worddd
Old 06-21-2008, 06:08 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Personally I find those overlay grills a bit cheap/cheesy. I know it's a lot more money but the CDC billet is far superior. What about the Bullit grill ? Another option and one which would tie in with your theme?
Black CDC Billet grill FTW! I don't think that grill flows good with the rest of your car.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

It looks OK to me. It matches, since chrome always goes with black. It's just a question if you like it. Those that dislike it are most likely to post, so I doubt you'll get an accurate feel just from this thread. (Besides, they'll probably tell you to get what they have on their car.)

If I hadn't done the fog light surrounds and pony grille, then I probably would have gone with the CDC billet grille and just relocated or maybe even deleted fog lights. In 2.5 years of ownership, the only use I've found for the "driving lights" is blinding everyone else on the road.

I've seen several Mustangs on this site that have done black-on-black. Not my cup of tea. Chrome or polished aluminum would provide more contrast, which is probably what you want with huge wheels like that.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:33 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Those that dislike it are most likely to post, so I doubt you'll get an accurate feel just from this thread. (Besides, they'll probably tell you to get what they have on their car.)
While I agree that people nearly always side with what they already have, I have to take [respectful] issue with the fact that people will generally only post in the negative. This forum is a good place to get a balanced opinion if you weed out the overly biased comments.

People will genuinely offer encouragement and adoration for something if they like it, instead of moving on to the next thread.

Back on topic though. If you paint it Black, you may as well have left the original grill in place. Just my 2cent

Marcus

Quick Reply: Billet Grille Installed....need opinions