Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are TS s/c considered better for street?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
07GT500

Default Why are TS s/c considered better for street?

I was told in my last thread that TS s/cs are better for street and centris are better for the 1/4 mile, can anyone explain this to me please?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why are TS s/c considered better for street?

Instant power and torque to get you from street light to street light.

Emphasis on instant.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

I think most people like the instant boost as it becomes a no effort tire frier! I perfer the Centrifigul as it allows you to maintain SOME traction with off idle launches!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:25 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Z06 Killer

I think most people like the instant boost as it becomes a no effort tire frier! I perfer the Centrifigul as it allows you to maintain SOME traction with off idle launches!
+1

I would be interested in seeing the outcome of a race between identical Stangs, with the exception of being TS or Cent. With near instant boost, the tire frying TS might be left behind by the Centri. Once your3/4 of the way up 1st gear, full boost is there with minimal drops at gear changes on the centri. It would seem then, agood driver mod is more crucial with a TS. Does that seem like a logical outcome? (others chime in if that isnt the case please) But, I would also like the ability to be able toburn'em off at will. I have an auto, so 3000rpm clutch dumps are not an option for smoking the tires. Centri works well for me.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:27 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

buy me one and I will test it out.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i have a friend w/ procharger 10 psi, 3k stall, 4.10 gears, alum DS, and he can roast the tires easily too, but he has a heavy foot also ifyouknowwhatimean. i cant tell that there is any lag in his car. he has more hp but i have more tq. idk who would win in a race, but it would be interesting.

which setup is better centri or TS?
depends where you want the power. either one is great fun. i had my choices down to paxton, saleen, whipple. i went w/ whipple bc thats the one i always wanted, thats the one that stuck in my head, thats the one that kept me up at night. so thats what i got. i would have been happy w/ the paxton or the saleen too, but whipple was what i wanted more, just a personal preference was all. i would say take your time and which ever one sticks in your head, and you dont change your mind for at least a few weeks, that's the one to get.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Heh, it's funny how it gets in your head like that. I'm hell bent on the Saleen Series VI like that and I don't know why either!

And the solution to that instant power is some better traction to balance it out. Build it up right and it be all good.

ORIGINAL: onederful100

i have a friend w/ procharger 10 psi, 3k stall, 4.10 gears, alum DS, and he can roast the tires easily too, but he has a heavy foot also ifyouknowwhatimean. i cant tell that there is any lag in his car. he has more hp but i have more tq. idk who would win in a race, but it would be interesting.

which setup is better centri or TS?
depends where you want the power. either one is great fun. i had my choices down to paxton, saleen, whipple. i went w/ whipple bc thats the one i always wanted, thats the one that stuck in my head, thats the one that kept me up at night. so thats what i got. i would have been happy w/ the paxton or the saleen too, but whipple was what i wanted more, just a personal preference was all. i would say take your time and which ever one sticks in your head, and you dont change your mind for at least a few weeks, that's the one to get.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

What is better for automatic? Centri or TS?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Stangbanger3v
1st Gear Member

centri is better for an automatic IMO. and a prochargerit can can get u in the 10s lol 16PSI FTW
Old 06-25-2008, 12:10 AM
07GT500

So let me put it this way, whipple vs procharger, what win at 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile. This is all assuming with no etra tire spin.

Quick Reply: Why are TS s/c considered better for street?