Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tints ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 AM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

Default tints ?

this might be a stupid question.. but where do i go to get my tints ? and what % you think will make it look good ?

PS i live in michigan, but idk the the legal percenatage..

thanks in advance..
Old 06-27-2008, 02:36 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default RE: tints ?

get 5 on 5 and make sure you do the windshield too.

-that is only if you want baller OG status
Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am in MI too and have 5% (limo) and have not had any issues (not a DD though). I believe the law in our state is 35% or lighter and only four inches from the top on the side windows and 4 inches from the top on the windsheild. The quarter windows and rear window go as dark as you want and you should be fine....its the side windows that get you pulled over! If nice out and you have the side windows tinted darker than 35% I would just roll them down any time it is nice out so you don't have any issues..... If near Sterling hgts/Madison hgts.... I can recommend an installer that is my neighbor and he does excellent work. Install moleskins on the window track if an 07 or older! (or is it 08)
Old 06-27-2008, 03:06 AM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

i have an appointment to get my windows tinted tomorrow. i think im going to go with 20% all around. its dark, but not too dark
Old 06-27-2008, 03:09 AM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

i actually live in warren.. so im not far.. and my car is an 05.. so you say 5% on rear and quater window.. and like 20% on the side windows... ? and how is the visibility on 5% and 20% wouldnt it be hard to see at night.. ?

sorry for the stupid questions lol
Old 06-27-2008, 03:15 AM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

i have heard its pretty difficult to see out of the back at night with 5%. i personally dont like dual shade tints on car so for me, i will only go one % the whole way around. BUT... to each, his own
Old 06-27-2008, 03:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Ok you will need the moleskins...(the installer will tell you that you dont but I can show you that you will!) 5% at night is hard to see out of but I have no issues at all with that with the side windows rolled down (say backing out of a one lane driveway in the dark) and I think 20% all around might be a better option for you unless you have side window louvers and that gap will make a difference in the look of 2 different shades of tint. PM me and I will get you details and we can meet up and I have the moleskins if you want them and they were not used and will give them to you for like 15 bucks (reg 25). I just cant see them sitting there and not installed on my car as I am going a different direction and dont need them. let me know! J
ORIGINAL: cplayero8o2

i actually live in warren.. so im not far.. and my car is an 05.. so you say 5% on rear and quater window.. and like 20% on the side windows... ? and how is the visibility on 5% and 20% wouldnt it be hard to see at night.. ?

sorry for the stupid questions lol
Old 06-27-2008, 07:30 AM
mark692

I did 5% all the way around, and 35% on the windsheild. It looks great!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM
firstb

Back when I lived in Michigan I did 5% all the way around including my t-tops on my z28. The cops never bothered me at all even when I got pulled over for playing around with the car. So I would go 5% all the around and I would leave the windshield alone with no tint. Now that I live in North Carolina I have 20% all the around even the thou the legal limit is 35% around here. So go 5%!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I am in MI too and have 5% (limo) and have not had any issues (not a DD though). I believe the law in our state is 35% or lighter and only four inches from the top on the side windows and 4 inches from the top on the windsheild. The quarter windows and rear window go as dark as you want and you should be fine....its the side windows that get you pulled over! If nice out and you have the side windows tinted darker than 35% I would just roll them down any time it is nice out so you don't have any issues..... If near Sterling hgts/Madison hgts.... I can recommend an installer that is my neighbor and he does excellent work. Install moleskins on the window track if an 07 or older! (or is it 08)
I was pulled on Woodward for having my side windows tinted last year. Too bad I'm from Ontario. I'd call the coppers and find out exactly the letter of the law before youwaste any money (fines and tint)

Quick Reply: tints ?