Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I break mine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Did I break mine?

This is where I'm getting mine...

They will ship you free samples of materials if you can't decide what you want...

http://www.dashkitstore.com/dashes.php?gid=797

The Basic Kit (15 Pieces) is $128
Covers the Radio/AC section, Console, and some door trim.

The Full kit (26 pieces) is $160 if you already have the Aluminum upgrade. (What I"m getting)
Covers the Radio/AC Section, Console, Door Trim, Steering Wheel, Overhead Light Panel, Wings for sides of Console and along the bottom of the aluminum trim already in the car. ("Mustang" on part over glovebox)

The Full kit (31) pieces covers everything and designed for those that didn't get the interior upgrade. $240.

Also.. they cut theletters "Mustang" out of the piece on the right.. looks awesome.

Since My stang is the T-Red car with the Red interior, I'm going with red/black carbon fiibor for the main body and satin aluminum on the stereo/control section.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:40 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: td1320
Hawgman, that looks friggen sweet. Do they have one for the Auto?

There is no difference in the kit for the auto and the kit for the standard. Or if there is, I wouldn't know what it would be. The hole in the console is the same size and in the same place.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:42 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: icecubehot

my concern is if it matches the stock aluminum plating on the dash
I have the stock aluminum plating on my dash. It does not match exact. But I posted the picture, you be the judge of how off it is.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: don_w

Ooooh... I like that a lot! How much was that kit? Do they also have pieces for the doors?

The kit you posted from ssinserts is the same kit. There are a hand full of people selling the same thing. It also came with pieces for the window switch plates, two pieces for the headlight switch ( which I am not real fond of ), the radio face, and the bezels around the interior door handles. When I took the pictures I had not put the radio face on yet because I was waiting for a replacement radio.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/A875AE76FD124F4BBAA152159ABC8981.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: don_w

Ooooh... I like that a lot! How much was that kit? Do they also have pieces for the doors?
The kit you posted from ssinserts is the same kit. There are a hand full of people selling the same thing. It also came with pieces for the window switch plates, two pieces for the headlight switch ( which I am not real fond of ), the radio face, and the bezels around the interior door handles. When I took the pictures I had not put the radio face on yet because I was waiting for a replacement radio.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/A875AE76FD124F4BBAA152159ABC8981.jpg[/IMG]
From the pics, it looks like a very close match, hawgman. What is your honest opinion from an up-close, in-person perspective? Does it look good next to the factory stuff? If so, I'll probably go that way.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:07 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

It is not a 100% exact color match to what Ford puts in. It is silver. The Ford parts have a white tint to them.
They work well together in my opinion. I have not had any negative comments about it, including people at three different Ford dealerships.

Sorry, I can't make up your mind for you. Each person has their own tastes. If I thought it looked like crap, I would not leave it on there. But in the same right, I certainly don't want to try to talk you in to spending $200 either.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:14 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Hawgman, where did you get the radio ****? Is it the same for other year stangs? I was considering the UPR A/C ***** that are round and concave. They show the A/C ***** with a radio **** for the 05 but doesn't include it with the kit. I havn't found too many radio ***** that say they are for 05's. I want the radio **** to at least be flat on the front if not concave and have the knurl.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:16 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

If I thought it looked like crap, I would not leave it on there.
That speaks volumes...
Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Got the radio **** and the climate control ***** from here
Baltimore Street Mods
I will tell you though, the lights DO NOT shine through the color window in the climate control ***** as advertised. I have emailed them about this, and the shot back with some BS about how the 05s don't put out light properly. They acknoledged the issue, and offered no recourse. I have seen a post about the Steeda ***** and asked if the lights showed up with them and was told yes, they show up quite well. I just have not replaced them.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:02 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Got the radio **** and the climate control ***** from here
Baltimore Street Mods
I will tell you though, the lights DO NOT shine through the color window in the climate control ***** as advertised. I have emailed them about this, and the shot back with some BS about how the 05s don't put out light properly. They acknoledged the issue, and offered no recourse. I have seen a post about the Steeda ***** and asked if the lights showed up with them and was told yes, they show up quite well. I just have not replaced them.
I want to say a friend of mine has UPR and thought that the lack of radio PMI install had something to do with her A/C ***** not illuminating. I knew it didn't but now know that it is probably the *****. Thanks for the heads up. If only Steeda had the round *****.

Quick Reply: Did I break mine?