Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint rims or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Paint rims or not?

+1 on pic 3 ... looks way better IMO
Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Pic #3 for sure. All black looks like a military vehicle from WWII.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:34 PM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Leave the lip polished... but then again, I am biased. My car came with the FRPP black bullits.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

number 2 def!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Why in the world would you want to paint those beautiful rims. NowI know the black rim crowd is really going to flame out on me for this but; Black rims are a FAD. Do they look great, ABSOLUTLY!!!! But I still think they are a fad. A fad that is already starting to die out in my opinion. In 4 years those classic satin aluminum rims will still be cool. Will the black ones? I don't think so. I don't know what is going on in your neck of the woods, but here in Detroit, the car guys are already looking at the black rims as kinda played out. NO INSULT INTENDED......JMO!!!! Actually I love black rims, but the gearheads up here are kinda like.....Been there, Done that. Compare it to the spinner craze. I know guys that spent thousands on spinners just a year or two ago. Now they are jokes, you can't give them away.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

My vote is for pic #2...but I have the look of pic #3 on my Stang currently (with different rims) and like it just fine.

It's all about personal opinion dude!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
2L8IWIN
2nd Gear Member

Pic #3 for sure.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Ok, #3 is definitely leading. Half of the # of the #3 votes goes for #2, and I've seen 2 so far say keep it stock.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

No insult intended! If you have to ask this kind of question, the excruciatingly cool dude from Detroit (got industry collapse?) is likely right, even if he's incorrect: caring which way the winds of fad are blowing is not the best basis for this decision.

Who in the world cares what a bunch of random Mustang owners, even really, certifiably-cool ones, on a forum think? No insult intended, but both the questioner and the answerers should have better things to do. If they (we) don't, are you sure you want to know what - if anything - they are thinking? Even more critically, would you want to act on it?

I know, I know; you counted the votes. Well, take my word for it: there are 87 of us here in my Mustang Deciders Club who vote "No insult intended, but leave the wheels alone; you're just trying to do something because you can't think of anything else, and no matter what you decide, it's your choice and the results are your fault. No matter what you decide, there will be times you wish you'd made one of the other choices, and Leaving Them Alone is the only one that is reversible, sort of".

Frank S
San Diego CA
Proxying the 87 votes of
The Mustang Deciders Club

Old 06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i like the black with the lip...i think if the rims were bigger the all black would look the best...if i ever put new rims on my car im going all blk...

Quick Reply: Paint rims or not?