Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonetics Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbonetics Turbo

Dam bro sorry to hear about the run around. Im happy to see that your car is in better shape. Did the rep offer any money back or comp. for the screw up and BAD tech support?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Wow! thats a grip. **** happens i guess, at least its good and running now!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

hey Caution...i guess since your whole car is custom, it is only fitting that your turbo has be custom too huh[8D]

congrats on getting it fixed though bro, glad it is running better
Old 06-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I will post the pics tomorrow and will get you different angles that I'll PM to you in case it'll help you out with your build

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

hmmm,so you converted it from blow thru to draw thru? is your BOV recirculating?

you know id love to see those pics!!
Old 06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

No where in my post did I say that their mustang surges ... I said that no matter what the issue (I had a few) was I got the same response from them when calling (our car doesn't do that). Thats the same response they gave the other 2 S197 owners (I spoke to them both) that have this kit & remember that their own rep also admitted to knowing about this. So explain to me why a company that is supposed to be reputable is selling a product that they know has problems or is defective? Yet when a customer calls they give excuses and act like nothing is wrong. Hell my tuner even went to Turbonetics and they were talking about how great their car was and when he asked to see either of them and to take one out for a run they were like ... umm ... yeah.... umm .. its not here right now. Im sure it wasn't .

Funny that you say that their mustang has lots of other supporting mods[:-] ... yet when I talked to Reggie (manager) he told me in several different converasations that both their mustangs are completely stock except for the kit. So thats no supporting mods, no larger fuel pump, no boost a pump, no cooler radiator, etc. Shall I go on? Yet another lie comes out, so thanks for that one.

Sorry if that seems like Im lashing at you.

ORIGINAL: blike

I've gotten a ride in Turbonetic's mustang that runs the 2007 kit, and it didn't have any of the surging issues. The car appeared to have a lot of other support mods to go with the kit, most notably a 6 speed, so them telling you that their mustang doesn't have that problem doesn't seem like a very good excuse when their mustang isn't setup nearly like yours. Regardless, Turbonetics is a good company, and although some have trouble with their kits, I'd give them a chance, but part of that being due to the fact they're about 10 miles from my house.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/Librar...aBarton_sm.JPG
Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Yeah right I wish, that would have been the right thing to do IMO. I spent over 4K fixing these problems (there goes my internals for now). I never asked for any comp from them ... just to tell me how to correct the problem and thats it ... they couldn't even do that. They have the worse customer service I have ever had to deal with. I even sent them a decent letter to their entire management staff two weeks ago to address these problems and to see what they had to say about it ... I got zero replies.

ORIGINAL: Vertigo

Dam bro sorry to hear about the run around. Im happy to see that your car is in better shape. Did the rep offer any money back or comp. for the screw up and BAD tech support?
Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

lol ... umm, yeah I guess in that sense its def fitting [8D]. I did do a little custom work to it that you'll see in the pics I post tomorrow ... it looks bad@ss ... gotta be different bro [&:]

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

hey Caution...i guess since your whole car is custom, it is only fitting that your turbo has be custom too huh[8D]

congrats on getting it fixed though bro, glad it is running better
Old 06-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Turbonetics is a strange company, why would a big name company like that not have a good website at this day and age?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Damn Jay[8D]...

What one has to do to get some customer service.
If I do this to my customers, I'm out of business tomorrow!!

It's like reading Theresa's story about her hood pins going bad...
With a reputable shop right?

I do screw up on occasion, but I will hold myself responsible and fix the mistake.
Makes sense to me...

I wanna ride in this thing when I'll see you at SEMA, and Joe's car too.
Those are my fav yellow Stangs ya know.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Maybe you can market an addon kit to theirs to correct all the problems and turn a profit from the problems.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Turbo