Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick and Tired of TSB's

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
CorruptedDemon60
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sick and Tired of TSB'

I have an 07 and besides the airbag recall. The only thing I had was the 3rd brake light wasn't working and come to find out that the screw for the ground wire was loose. Other than that I'm good.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Sick and Tired of TSB

I agree in the sense that these cars do seem to have a lot of issues. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a pile of junk. But Ford clearly screwed up several times when they built them. The spark plug issue IMO is ridiculous to name one.

My 06 has had the fuel pump TSB performed. Airbag recall. I had to get moleskin in the windows because the tint was thrashed. I'm hoping I won't have any more issues because the bumper to bumper is out in a year on this car.

There are other minor gripes like some insulation coming out in the window trim and a weird metal tapping against glass sound coming from the back of the car. Kinda lame on a car with less than 8K on it. :/
Old 07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default RE: Sick and Tired of TSB

I did some research awhile back on 1st year cars and typically they have more problems but with many cars the 2nd year car has more problems than the first and 3rd year cars are usually the best.. woot for '07 I have a couple of times had the gas tank fill issue (where it wont let you pump more in even though its only 1/2 or 3/4 full) but it happens so rarely I'm not bothering doing anything for it. and I took mine in for the passenger air bag recall which I thought sounded a little crazy to me.. ashort person up front full forward position with no seat belt could be hurt badly (or die) I'd just make sure they keep their seat belt on and move their seat back..(oh, and if they weigh under like 110 or 120 lbs theair bag is disabled anyway)oh well..

I don't want to bring my car in for the 20 different TSB's they have on our cars when I don't experience them.. that would be crazy.

For a completely redesigned car I think its quirks aren't that bad.. infact I remember reading that it made consumer reports recommendedlist as being a reliable vehicle with very few problems compared to other cars and good safety results.

You bought a 300hp/320tq for 25k Obviously they didn't use the highest quality everything in it. closest cars you can find near that performance cost about 10k more such as teh Sti
Old 07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sick and Tired of TSB's

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Most decent dealerships will honor TSB related work at no charge. I've yet to go to Ford on my '07 yet but you can bet I'll put up a stink if they want me to pay.
I would too, considering you're under warranty. I would say most Ford dealerships will definitely not do the work at no charge once that warranty's up. A TSB isn't a recall. It would cost Ford and/or their dealerships a gazillion dollars if they fixed TSBs for free out of warranty, because they issue a gazillion TSBs. Matter of fact, any more it's hard to get them to figure out what's wrong and fix something UNLESS there's already a TSB out for it.