Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick and Tired of TSB's

Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default Sick and Tired of TSB's

OK, this is getting ridiculous. I bought my car brand new in July of 2006. My car was built in something like April of 2006. That's a whole year after this car came out (I know all newly designedcars have design issues, so if this was a 2005 Mustang GT I wouldn't be complaining - that's why I waited for the 2006). There is NO reason why there should be so many TSB's on my car. I have had to take my car in 4 times now for TSB's, and those are only the ones I've noticed. I don't even have 36,000 miles on my car yet.

Anyway, my point is is that these TSB's should be RECALLS, not TSB's. Why? Because these are DESIGN issues. It seems to me Ford is saying, "Yeah, we designed it badly, so if you notice a problem bring it in." They SHOULD be saying, "Yeah, we designed it badly, so we will fix every car that is affected since you will eventually have the problem sooner or later." For instance, I have not noticed any water on my passenger compartment rug, nor have I noticed any electric issues. However, since my car was designed and built exactly like people who do have the problem, I think it is safe to say that my car will have the problem eventually, so Ford should fix it now BEFORE I have the issue. Waiting for me to have the problem before they fix it is insane. It's akin to a doctor saying, "I won't give you a vaccine, just come in when you actually get sick."

Seriously now, Ford designed all of our cars the SAME way. We ALL are affected by ALL of the TSB's. Each and every TSB applies to all of our cars, at least up to the date when they started implementing the fix in the production line. If I have a problem and a TSB affects me, that means it also should apply to all cars built before mine. Just because we haven't noticed the problem yet doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. So why do they make us wait until we have the problem, before they'll fix it?! Each one of us WILL have these issues...it's just a matter of when. And that is ridiculous to me. Even more ridiculous than the fact I've taken my car in for 4 separate TSB's in the first 2 years of ownership. I just feel like Ford is trying to put one over on us...it's like their whole attitude is "Let's see if they notice, and if they notice, then and only then will we fix it."

And one last thing: it's not like these are issues that will only affect "some" cars. If it is a design flaw, then it MUST affect ALL cars. Now if it's a production problem where parts were manufactured incorrectly, or there was a batch of bad parts, etc., then I can understand them issuing a TSB. Because this would only affect SOME cars - the ones that got the faulty parts. But when aproperly manufacturedand properly installed part is the problem, that means ALL cars must be affected. So why aren't most of these TSB's recalls?!

GRR! /end rant
Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sick and Tired of TSB's

I feel you, try having a car that has some of the TSB problems but since it's out of warranty they want money to fix it...[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have only had one issue and that was the parking brake freezing issue. I dont think that everything is a "design flaw" per say. The leaking issue is NOT in all cars. and there have been various causes of the leak issue. Some people have had leaks because the compartment where the cabin air filter is gets plugged and water cant drain. This is not a design flaw and will not happen in all cars. Other say its from bad seals in the metal, again some might be just fine. Remember some people have taken their cars in many times for the water leak and still cant get it fixed, so saying all cars should be treated for this problem regardless if you have the symptoms would cost tons of money that FORD obviously doesnt have.

So IMO not everyone will be affected with 100% certainly and there is no reason to fix every car. That is where RECALLS come in, its a safety issue and has to be taken care of for all car whether they have symptoms or not.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I agree with Howy. The only thing on my 2007 was the air bag light, and they found a short where the wire was rubbed by seat travel. Not exactly a design flaw.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
kcstangin

I agree with the OP. I had to sue Ford to get rid of my leaking stang. I hope they fix it with the 2010's.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Most decent dealerships will honor TSB related work at no charge. I've yet to go to Ford on my '07 yet but you can bet I'll put up a stink if they want me to pay.

I hadsome TSB's ona fewToyotas when they were out of warranty and the dealership did the work at no charge.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I have only had one thankfully ... just the gas tank fill.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sick and Tired of TSB'

The only TSB which has affected me was that stupid passenger airbag problem, I haven't even bothered to get it fixed yet.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Wow, sorry to hear that. I have an '06, and I did the airbag recall, and only one TSB (passenger side water leak). It showed up after a year and a half, and 17k miles, not bad though. Ford fixed it free of charge, and it hasn't leaked since. It was done in April. The only other issue is when I get gas, the fill shut off does act up once in awhile, it comes and goes, which is strange.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

I have an 05 and the only thing I've noticed is my windows will fog up like crazy when it's raining. No leaking into the cabin yet. What is this gas fill up thing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sick and Tired of TSB's