Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I installed my stripes! Here are my tips if you want to install them too.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:58 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Car looks good! Awsome write up! Thanks for taking the time and effort in posting the tutorial.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:13 AM
mustangstriper

hey Pnut...i use heat ALL the time...for complex curves and just to get the material to grab and stretch into all the nooks and crannys!..as for large wrinkles and heat....heat is used to pull the material back up and stretch and rub out the wrinkle..but u guys need to realize that this stuff can be played with..within a short time frain of course...wrinkles that are adhered vinyl to vinyl (pinched together) are wrinkles ur gonna have to grow to like....cuz their urs now..but if they havent pinched together and their just air they can be heated up and worked in all dif directions to spread out the extra material...it really takes some patience..and knowing that this material is forgiving and plyable...gotta be careful with metallics tho ..cuz they will distort quicker if u overly manipulate.....so when u gonna do this matte black install?..try and stay away from certain matte black vinyls..some of em.. wont do anything but flat surfaces...ive been using "Oracal" matte black..has a little bit of stretch to it...much better then alot of products that ive tried....i even got a mustang scoop fully wrapped with it...took me forflippin ever !!..it was worth it tho...looked kickass!!.....i would offer my advice when ur installin ur matte black..but i dont think you need it..Good luck my friend..!..keep me posted