Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the best wax to use?

Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: whats the best wax to use?

the best wax to use on one color is not so good on another
Correct! It is more difficult to get a good smooth shine on a darker color because darker colors reflect alot more. This is where alot of people will go through dozens of products to find the one that works best for them. However, I have never found a product that looks good on a dark color but didn't look good on a lighter one. SO if you find something that looks good on a dark blue, black or dark red color, it will likely do fine on silver, grey or white. The reverse is not necessarily true. Most of the people here who swear by their choices, such as me, do so because they have a dark colored car and can use one product both on their stang and other vehicles of other colors with good results. For example, I've triedZymol liquid on my white Lexus with great results, but it's just aweful on my stang. Dull haze eveywhere. So a gift to a neighbor it becomes, and back to the store to try something else and checking Consumer Reports ratings each year for reference too. And so onand so on over the years until I found proucts that seem do to well everywhere. This is how I finally settled on NXT and ICE. Oh, and NuFinish is excellent too for a Fall polish that lasts 'til Spring too!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You can get the same stuff as Adam's (literally) here.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/

This site is awesome... and has great products.

This detail spray is the best I have ever used.. and gives my car a mirror finish even when I just spot clean (wet, spray on detail spray, dry with microfiber, buff with microfiber).

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Automoti..._p/wac_114.htm

I have tried many other detail sprays and this one is by far provides the best dust resistance, lubricity (can use it as a waterless wash), and shine. Way cheaper to buy a gallon of the good stuff than buy little bottles at AutoZone.

As far as a wax... I actually went back to Mequiar's gold and cleaner waxes. I use Butter Wax (same as Adam's) for shows because it goes on and off easy.. but does not last. I use Turtle Wax Ice for all of my flat black trim.. and occasionally use it as a glaze after I apply wax. Ice really is not a wax substitute.

Pete's 53 (from the site above) is what I use when I really need a silky smooth crazy shine. The stuff does not last.. but it nothing beats it for the short term.. and it smells good too.

Finally, I use this to take off scratches... and as a once a year post-claybar polish. I use it by hand.. and it is easy to work with. Does a great job at removing little blemishes.. and it is a great sealer.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumpolish.html#poli

ORIGINAL: southernmustangparts

ORIGINAL: fullboogie

I use all the Adams products. Love them. I think as long as you wax and take care of your paint on a regular basis, you'll be doing more than the average Joe and your car will love you.
Me too!

I've been using the Adam's products for a few years now and have always been pleased.

Ken
Old 07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

well it is a brand new car so it cant be THAT bad, but ill try it again in a few months