Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have one of these cheap ebay intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone have one of these cheap ebay intakes?

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Knowing our underhood geometry intimately well, I can tell you that the one in the picture will not fit the GT. It must be different from the one in the picture. Both the shroud and bend will not work.
in those pics it not put together like it would be installed, every different one on ebay has a different picture and they are all put together a different way, none of that really concerns me anyway. i only need that elbow and the MAF flange that welded to it. really wish someone had one before i order this one and just cross my fingers it will work for me.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

I am guessing your going to use the elbow for either a paxton style supercharger or a turbocharger setup. It looks like a great idea actualy. Get a chepo paxton and run low boost. 350-400rwhp should be attainable for under 1500bux, and possibly a caned tune.

Contact these guys, they might be able to help you out. Tell them its for a larger order or something. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...p?pid=99013167
Old 07-05-2008, 07:58 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaguarking11

I am guessing your going to use the elbow for either a paxton style supercharger or a turbocharger setup. It looks like a great idea actualy. Get a chepo paxton and run low boost. 350-400rwhp should be attainable for under 1500bux, and possibly a caned tune.

Contact these guys, they might be able to help you out. Tell them its for a larger order or something. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...p?pid=99013167
yup,thats the plan,im going to use the elbow, cut and reweld the Maf bung to my own pipe, and possibly re use part of the pipe, not sure if ill use the air filter or not,i got it shipped off ebay for $93. if it dont work out a guy said he would buy it from me, once i get to take a look at it we will see.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:27 AM
mortman
3rd Gear Member

A buddy of mine bught one, CHEAP, sheet metal wrapped in crome tape. he returned it imediatly. seller told him it was a proto type and the real crome plated ones would be out in about a year. Ebay is loaded with these so i doubit its a proto type - just plan CHEAP. you get what you pay for.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:32 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

yeah,im really not expecting much,if the elbow is usable ill be happy.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:12 AM
fastback69

"You get what you pay for" rings as true now as it did when it was first uttered.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:41 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: fastback69

"You get what you pay for" rings as true now as it did when it was first uttered.
+1
Avoid the CAIs on eBay unless it is a private seller and the CAI is a name brand one.
Not a cheap, non-weldable, cast pot aluminum, no name, made in china, CAI.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:07 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

ORIGINAL: jaguarking11

yup,thats the plan,im going to use the elbow, cut and reweld the Maf bung to my own pipe, and possibly re use part of the pipe, not sure if ill use the air filter or not,i got it shipped off ebay for $93. if it dont work out a guy said he would buy it from me, once i get to take a look at it we will see.
Post pics of it once you get it. If it is steel then its a great source of parts for a cheep diy turbo or sc setup. It definitely would be money well spent. What kind of forced induction are you planing? Turbo or sc? Also post a project log when you start. I may follow your route, although I cant weld, My father is a pro.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:17 AM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Hmm I'll be watching this thread..
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 AM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

ill be watching too

Quick Reply: anyone have one of these cheap ebay intakes?