Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at buying a Bullitt

Old 07-06-2008, 10:17 PM
mtsusean

Default Looking at buying a Bullitt

first of all,

what's up with the search function and "Bullitt" ? I get a message back saying there's nothing in the database or some such crap. Oh well...

I was looking at a new black Bullitt this weekend. Thinking about trading my GT for it.

I know the original Bullitt was the green, but is there any stigma with buying the black paint job?

also, I've got the Magnaflow Magnapack's on the GT. Does anyone have any experience with those compared to the stock Bullitt exhaust? I'm certain I could take them off the GT and put them on the Bullitt if need be. They are catbacks and would be easy enough to swap out.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:03 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking at buying a Bullitt

I believe the search is still broken......

We just bought a Green Bullitt yesterday. I saw a couple of Black Bullitts, but just did not care for them near as much...I am very nicely surprised with the refinements with the Bullitt, compared to my 05 when stock.....better, and not necessarily in order....shifter, clutch, HID's, ride, braking......

Can't speak to the Magnapacks, but the Bullitt exhaust note is great....

As far as the color choice, hey, your payment, your choice......

JMO,
Mike
Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

black Bullitts are very rare (as far as total production numbers go) but not a lot of fun keeping clean.

The stock Bullitt exhaust is special to that model, so I can't see any reason to replace it.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I know Jerrys ford here in va has six green bullits, they had black but now i cant pull it up on there inventory, but you might want to give them a call, they might have not listed it yet.

http://www.jerrysford.com/
Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
RedStang06
2nd Gear Member

I know where you can find a 2008 Green Bullitt with 300 miles on it for only $27,900
Old 07-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Damn, that'sa great deal. I saw a green one here in downtown Austin, TX the other day while walking to lunch with my co-workers. Went right by us througha light. Let's put it this way... I noticed the exhaust note and car and got all excited but my "non-car-guy" buddies never even noticed it pass.

They can say what they want about it's "subdued" looks and great "exhaust note" but I can tell you it looks/soundsaren't that great .

What looks/sounds good to Ford engineers???? I just don't get it. That's why I purchased a bone-stock GT with interior apperance and did my own thing.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I know, I know. It'sa collectors edition harkening back to the old Bullitt from the movie. I kind of lost my mind for a minute there.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

what the performance difference between bullitt and stock GT? Upgrades?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
pnut
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

They can say what they want about it's "subdued" looks and great "exhaust note" but I can tell you it looks/soundsaren't that great .

What looks/sounds good to Ford engineers???? I just don't get it. That's why I purchased a bone-stock GT with interior apperance and did my own thing.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I totally disagree. I love it. The simple look, the cool, mean appearance, the unique dash, exhaust, engine tuning, suspension tuning, CAI, and small details, all from the factory.

If it were not $10k more than the almost new GT I just bought, I would have got it. Now I find myself wanting to put that dash, that interior trim, a CAI, and bunch of other details on it, not to make it a Bullitt, but because I love those details.

Oh, and to Sancho, the Bullitt puts out 25 more HP at the crank due to a cold air intake, and revised engine tuning. THat and the factory, Bullitt only 3.73 gears make it feel like it has more punch as well.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
GOT OATZ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pnut

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I totally disagree. I love it. The simple look, the cool, mean appearance, the unique dash, exhaust, engine tuning, suspension tuning, CAI, and small details, all from the factory.

If it were not $10k more than the almost new GT I just bought, I would have got it. Now I find myself wanting to put that dash, that interior trim, a CAI, and bunch of other details on it, not to make it a Bullitt, but because I love those details.

Oh, and to Sancho, the Bullitt puts out 25 more HP at the crank due to a cold air intake, and revised engine tuning. THat and the factory, Bullitt only 3.73 gears make it feel like it has more punch as well.

+1...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking at buying a Bullitt