Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning car cover?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:28 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Default Cleaning car cover?

Do any of you ever clean the inside of your car cover? I have noticed over the past few days that when I take the cover off I have spots all over the car. I washed my car yesterday and when I took the cover off this morning it looked like the car was not even washed. FYI....I dust the car each night before I cover it.....and if it is too dirty I do not even bother covering it. SO....whats the best way to wash it?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Default RE: Cleaning car cover?

I'd probably put the car cover on the car inside out and wash it with a little soap and let it dry, then wash the car after.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM
jimei
I ♥ Acer

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan gucci prada shoes lacoste puma trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
jimei
I ♥ Acer

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan gucci prada shoes lacoste puma trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 AM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

I wash my car cover in the washing machine, of course make sure it's machine washable first.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I wash mine in the washing machine as well. In fact, I just washed it this weekend because it was doing the same thing leaving spots on my car. I hung it up to air dry and then recovered my car. It works like new again.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Can I wash it at my own house?.....or do I need to bring it somewhere to wash in an oversized washer???

Also.....will washing it like that ruin the ability to keep out water???
Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I washed mine at my own house. I just put the washer setting to the fullest load setting. As far as I can tell it doesn't hurt anything as for keeping the water out. It says right on mine that it is washable.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

I have a brenspeed cover and it can be washed in your home washer. The directions say wash only on gentle cycle and use no detergents or bleaches....seemed to help, althogh i cant imagine just water really cleaning all that much. The directions said best to wash while on car ,but I think thats a fast track to swirl marks! JMO
Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I took mine to a laundromat and washed it in the largest machine they had. I then put it in the dryer and ran it through 3 cycles but it was still damp. I then took it ome and air dried it. After all that, I put it on the car and it still left marks. Man that was dissapointing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cleaning car cover?