MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Strange sound- Bird Chirping???? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/461233-strange-sound-bird-chirping.html)

VerginaStang 07-07-2008 09:54 AM

Strange sound- Bird Chirping????

New issue with my stang!

Sounds like a bird chirps when I go over a bump- ONLY on the front passenger side. The car feels NO different at all, making it very difficult to diagnose. Has anyone had this issue before? Its sort of like a screech, or like I said before- a bird's chirp. [:@]

My initial thought is either the front sway bar, bushing, endlink or maybe even the strut.

My front suspension setup is as follows:
Steeda Sport Springs
Tokico D-Specs
Steeda Strut Mounts

Hopefully someone here can help.

Thanks.

VerginaStang 07-07-2008 11:45 AM

RE: Strange sound- Bird Chirping????

I guess I am the only one who has this issue.:(

hammeron 07-07-2008 12:32 PM

RE: Strange sound- Bird Chirping????

wow that's a big sig :D

it could be a number of things, you
just have to start greasing one thing
at a time, until you get rid of the chirping

robitaillex 10-17-2009 09:45 PM

Chirping Sound

I just started noticing a chirp too. 2007 GT, 22k miles, no suspension mods. Problem is just as you describe. Tried bouncing the front and rear corners when parked but no noise. Seems to be on front passenger side, like you said. Small bumps affect it more than large ones. Somewhat difficult to recreate at times. Very distinct "bird chirping" sound. Thought I might actually have a nest under the hood. Nothing.

Nuke 10-18-2009 08:44 AM

Many years ago I had something similiar on an old Camaro but not recently on the Stang (33K miles). Back then, I believe it was a brake issue with the wear indicator moving. See if it happens when you go over a bump with the brakes gently applied. At least you can rule out a caliper/pad issue if it doesn't go away.

zduntov 10-18-2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by VerginaStang (Post 5212074)
New issue with my stang!

Sounds like a bird chirps when I go over a bump- ONLY on the front passenger side. The car feels NO different at all, making it very difficult to diagnose. Has anyone had this issue before? Its sort of like a screech, or like I said before- a bird's chirp. [:@]

My initial thought is either the front sway bar, bushing, endlink or maybe even the strut.

My front suspension setup is as follows:
Steeda Sport Springs
Tokico D-Specs
Steeda Strut Mounts

Hopefully someone here can help.

Thanks.

Tap your outside mirror. My driver's side made a sound I would describe exactly as you did. I adjusted mirror all the way inboard, shot what I could with WD-40, and it went away. :icon_beerchug:

Suek 01-27-2019 12:18 AM

Old thread but I can't stand no one said Cam position synchronizer. That chirps and is on the passenger side.